Help!!!!!!!!

busaboy007

Registered
lookin for some knowledge i have an 02 busa and resently painted it and now that i have it back together and is having fuel pump issues.
1. FUSE GOOD
2.YES THERE IS GAS IN THE BIKE
3.KICK STAND SWITCH IS BYPASSED AND START SWITCH IS GOOD
4.I CAN JUMP THE RELAY AND PUMP WILL TURN ON AND CAN EVEN START THE BIKE....
HERES THE KICKER FAN RELAY AND PUMP RELAY ARE SAME SO OBVIOUSLY I SWITCHED THEM AN STILL NOTHING PRETTY SURE BOTH RELAYS ARNT BAD
5. KNOW I DONT KNOW WHERE TO POINT FINGERS

I would do a search on the subject. I seem to remember something similar happening to someone else. I keep thinking it was about the stand switch, but you said it is by-passed....

Try the search and good luck!

No its your tip over connector I would bet money its bad. When you took the tank off to get painted you had to take it off and the sensor never reset. I know because I had the same problem myself when I had my bike painted last August. Get a tip over sensor block off from BoostBySmith

Edit: Actually just go to Radioshack and get 2 150Ohm resisters for about 3 bucks and silicone them in. I did that on my buddies Gsxr600. The busa may only be one resister though I havent looked down there in ages

Study the diagram on page 4-13 of the service manual (Fuel Pump Control System). I followed the fuel pump circuit: one end of the fuel pump is grounded; the other end goes to fuel pump relay, to 10A fuse, to 30 Amp (probably main) fuse and to the positive end of battery. So, in this respect if the relay is good and both fuses are OK, this circuit is fine. You can still trace it using a multimeter and to make sure the fuses are really OK (not just appear OK).

The fuel pump relay solenoid is controlled by ECU - means ECU alone is capable of powering the relay. On the other hand, you can see from the diagram that pressing the starter button together with pulling the clutch will also power the relay. So, if you disconnect the starter relay and attempt to start the bike, the fuel pump should prime even if ECU is messed up. If fuel pump primes in this case, this means the ECU doesn't supply the voltage to the fuel pump relay solenoid when it should.

Since the bike was painted, there is a good chance the paint could get into a connector. Again, your best bet is to trace each circuit with multimeter in order to get a positive confirmation of every part of the circuit.

Good point about tip-over sensor. I would strongly recommend fixing it and not bypassing it, as well as you kickstand switch (some people may tell you stories what happens when it's bypassed). But, even in this case, the bike should start afer a couple of seconds of cranking, but should die as soon as you release the starter button. This is because when you press the starter button, the fuel pump is not controlled by by the ECU - the power goes through the starter button. However, as soon as you relase the starter button, the fuel pump stops because ECU does not supply power to the fuel pump because of the signal (or absence of the signal) from the TPS.

I also think that if it's a tip-over sensor, you should have a FI light on, and you should be able to read a respective FI code pointing to the tip-over sensor.

I did check the the tip over switch I had the bike running by trippin the relay and turned the tip over switch over and the bike instantly turned off so it does work. When tripping the relay and being able go start the bike I do have a FI CODE but im unable to read the code I don't have the tool to put ecm im dealer mode BUT when engine is off all I have is an CHECK on dash not any FI LJGHTS
Posted via Mobile Device

Also without the special tool to put edu in dealer mode how can u check FI codes... but I looked @the tool in the manual and all it looms like is an pigtail with a toogle switch on it is that all it is???
Posted via Mobile Device

Also without the special tool to put edu in dealer mode how can u check FI codes... but I looked @the tool in the manual and all it looms like is an pigtail with a toogle switch on it is that all it is???
Posted via Mobile Device

You just need a piece of wire stripped on each and and short the proper wires on the plug

I bet 20 bucks its the tip over sensor

Should be a 4 prong plug with two wires in it near the ecu or in the tail section. Short those two wires and you will get a code on the dash. If it says C23 you owe me 20 bucks :beerchug:

Ok bet RUS. HAHAH I had the bike running and turned it upside down and it turned the bike right off so... I Guesse u owe me 20 bucks
Posted via Mobile Device

When u say short the plug u mean to connect the 2 terminals on the plug
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes I mean stick the ends of the wires into the two sockets for each of the wires. Your FI light will turn into a code saying C-something

Make sure its the plug with only 2 wires going into it

Back