what kind of work you do?

I'm a Cad tech. I work for a Structural Engineering firm in Orlando. I have been doing it for the last 18 years bwt. Puerto Rico and Orlando Fl. :thumbsup:

I'm a welder and stainless fabricator. Trying to be a robotic welder programmer and operator. "Trying" is the key word so far.:whistle:

Get a hold of me. I did it for a few years. I ahve all of my books and stuff from Motoman. I might be able to help you out with the learning.

I am currently an electrical/mechanical field service tech for a company that makes paper converting equipment. We take rolls of paper on one end and spit out fry scoop or cup blanks on the other end. We also make other paper product blanks and film also.
Vague enough?

Write manuals for industrial robots. First pic is a typical robotic palletizing system. Second pic is a seriously dangerous misuse of robots, that I saw at a trade show.

Kuka.jpg

People.jpg

Write manuals for industrial robots. First pic is a typical robotic palletizing system. Second pic is a seriously dangerous misuse of robots, that I saw at a trade show.

Yeah I would have to say so. The RIA would have had a field day with them. I have a buddy who is on the committee and writes the "Rules/Laws"
That there is the Number 1 NO-NO.

Last edited:
Yeah I would have to say so. The Robot Association would have had a field day with them. I have a buddy who is on the committee and writes the "Rules/Laws"
That there is the Number 1 NO-NO.

Yep, their safety completely relies on the "soft" programmed envelope. Nothing mechanical to keep them from being pounded into the ground. Note: the company that makes the robot they are using does not support this application. They must have one heck of an insurance company.

I use to see Adept robots go outside envelopes, for no known reason, and rip 80 lb. doors off their hinges.

Yep, their safety completely relies on the "soft" programmed envelope. Nothing mechanical to keep them from being pounded into the ground. Note: the company that makes the robot they are using does not support this application. They must have one heck of an insurance company.

I use to see Adept robots go outside envelopes, for no known reason, and rip 80 lb. doors off their hinges.

It has been a couple of years, but the RIA use to state that the robot can not come in contact with Humans while it is operating. There had to be Hard stops and Safety gates to keep people out of the operating envelope and teh Robot inside it. That does not look like the case there. Robots do not care what is in there way. They will go where ever they are told to. Or die trying.
Who's display was that?

It has been a couple of years, but the RIA use to state that the robot can not come in contact with Humans while it is operating. There had to be Hard stops and Safety gates to keep people out of the operating envelope and teh Robot inside it. That does not look like the case there. Robots do not care what is in there way. They will go where ever they are told to. Or die trying.
Who's display was that?

PM sent

25 Years Army Reserve Retired
Owner/Family/Management Composites Distribution Company

I'd tell ya, but I'd have to kill ya...???:laugh::laugh::whistle:

You told ME!! UH,.......oh,............does this mean I should move to another country and change my name??:poke: <<<<AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaahh?? Is that a gun?? OH,.......sorry,........just your finger.

:laugh:

Back