And what do you do for a living?

Rocketman

Registered
We've found out the kinds of vehicles we're driving, the kinds of pc's or Mac's we're using. And that sparked this thread as some indicated they were a little on the Kipster side doing IT work.

So we're all curious now - what do you do for a living?

I operate approx 40 machines from a remote location. Reality is I sit at a station that has two PCs and four monitors and electronically guide product to the correct machine to be processed. Can be confusing at times but normally its just tag and drag and ensure the machines are running. The management likes to say its sorta like air traffic controller in that you keep track of what product is going to what machine and what other product is in line for that machine. I personally think of it as a big game... can you put the right product on the right tool to ensure quality and expedience thru the line?
laugh.gif

Sounds like a manufacturing app that you monitor, is that right? Are you running all that on Windows or Vaxes or UNIX machines or something?

truckdriver did otr expidite or hot freight 3 years been doing dedicated run now 5 years.i drive 400 miles 5 days and unload a little bit i talk on cb and listen 2 espn radio all night and try not to fall asleep and go ditch diving over 370 truckers died last year it can be dangerous most fall asleep.I used to run usa+ontario canada i have been all over ontario and east coast.I have dragged a few overweight loads and jumped my share of scales always keep 2 log books the real one i turn in and the one to show a diesel bear,if there checking that ground pressure at the coops i know how 2 go around them all if im getting paid right.

6300182185.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Snowman.jpg

<!--EDIT|ROACH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133625647 -->

I "Bus" tables at "Denny's"
It doesn't pay very well......but I get all the Left-Overs!
tounge.gif

Not really ....... I'm a Structural Engineer for a Steel Fabrication and Sales Co.

http://www.haskinssteelinc.com/

<!--EDIT|StageRulz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133626167 -->

I"m a mechanical engineer. Work mainly with architects. Design the plumbing,HVAC,power, and lighting systems for buildings upwards of 20 million smackers.

Realtor with Coldwell Banker Preferred. Work mostly the Philly and Main line market in PA.

just went back to banking......fun stuff......Commercial Lender for a 10B locally owned bank here in Oklahoma City.

Cicuit Activations Chief at Ft. Detrick, I help make sure all the 1's and 0's find thier destination.

Marine constrution . We repair and build marinas , mostly in Seattle .

Work full time for the State, but on the down low I'm an aspiring (strrrruuuugggling) author. My first novella should be coming out fairly soon. I just signed a contract with a new publisher after a falling out with Treeside Press. Hopefully editing and production won't take too long. The cover art should be the only delay; the MS was edited by Treeside prior to the, uhemm, "falling out."

Being a realist, I know I'll work for the State until I retire and have a shelf full of my books published by publishing houses who work with B level talent.
tounge.gif
Ah, well, it's a good hobby at least.
blush.gif

Back