From Germany to N.Ireland and back - do i take the

Italian Trev

Registered
Considering I'll have 3days to get there, 2 ferries 500kms of Autobahn in Germany and then across Holland,Belgium,France, England and then Scotland and have loads of luggage to carry it could only be one bike - yip the Busa
laugh.gif

My destination was Portrush in N.Ireland for Ireland's biggest sporting event - the North West 200 - Ireland's premier road race

http://www.northwest200.org/

My plan was to have 10 days off work to allow me to get there in time for race week, enjoy the races and then blast home in time for work today . i.e Wed 21 May.

I'll recount the tale from Day 1 (fri 9 May)- Busa parked up and ready to roll. Sun is shining and I've 400kms of A/bahn to get to my first destination - here she is all packed and ready. There's no better feeling than having time off work, a bike gassed up and ready to go as well as the sun on your back - yippee
cool.gif

N.West_200__08_001200.jpg

Dude I wish I could be there with you that sounds like an awesome road trip be safe out there man and keep us post and before anyone else says it GET PLENTY OF PIC's
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

fri 7pm - day 1

after a quick blast from east to west it was time to have dinner with the lovely Deborah from Chicago who's living near Dortmund
heart.gif

N.West_200__08_008200.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the rest of this trip. How the hell did ya see over the tank bag?

Holland is flat and featureless with the only reminder to not over do it on the motorways so 90,ph cruising was my limit. At least their gas stations are well stocked.

The tank-bag gradually goes down as i work my way through all the food & drink I'd brought
laugh.gif

N.West_200__08_026200.jpg

6pm sees me reach the French port of Calais for the 1.5hr crossing to Dover

Meet a couple of German dudes who did the journey in 1day
wtf.gif
- one on a sportster and the other on a Triumph Bonneville. I asked them where they were going - they responded - to the North West 200 road races in N.Ireland!!!
ohthedrama.gif

N.West_200__08_027200.jpg

Great road trip, looking forward to the rest. Huuuuge tank bag! And what on earth did you do to your lady friend...she looks tired. OK don't answer that
smile.gif

Terrible about Robert Dunlop eh.

We're leaving London today for Amsterdam. Long weekend and hopefully a good dry ride. But as I'm not happy with the Busa after it's 600 mile service at the stealership yesterday
sad.gif
I'm taking my Speed Triple instead. No more main dealers for me.

Looking good trev. She's got nice puppies you dark horse. It was good to see you again. Station Corner has to be one of the most exciting places on earth to watch bike racing. My journey home was a bit shorter-25 mins back to Castlerock!! Maybe see you at the UGP???

Looking good trev. She's got nice puppies
ThumbsUp.gif
you dark horse. It was good to see you again. Station Corner has to be one of the most exciting places on earth to watch bike racing. My journey home was a bit shorter-25 mins back to Castlerock!! Maybe see you at the UGP???

Looking good trev. She's got nice puppies
ThumbsUp.gif
 you dark horse. It was good to see you again. Station Corner has to be one of the most exciting places on earth to watch bike racing. My journey home was a bit shorter-25 mins back to Castlerock!! Maybe see you at the UGP???
Thanks Dude - it was just like the old days. I'll sort more fotos later and maybe a chick or two as well. Glad you made it home safe. Going to a wedding in August - hopefully it'll coincide with the UGP
laugh.gif

Tank bag like that! I would have fallen asleep on it. Can one reach the handle bars?

awesome pics Trev, looking foward to more
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
cool.gif

bowdown.gif

Back