PING OZZY

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
Where in the hell do you put an amp in a bravada? There is no room under the power seats. I would like to put it out of sight, is this possible?

Nope, nothing like that! Ive got a 500 watt amp to push a 10 in sub in a bandpass box that makes plenty of racket for me without waking up the neighbors. I want to hide the amp somewhere and have the audio cable come out where I can easily remove the box when I need to.

you cant run it under the back ones at all well i will be up in your neck of the woods today anyway have to take someone to the hosbital so i will call you and swing by

chris,

unless you build a custom enclosure for the amp, your reall only option is to mount it to the back of the sub enclosure. you may be able to take off the rear cargo side panels and mount in in there given there is enough room and a secure mounting location.

Holy crap! Haven't heard that make in forever. BRAVADA...it's not your father's Oldsmobile.

Bravada.jpg

mayabe in the panel in the back where the jack is. my suv has a panel that removes and has the jack and tire iron in it.
winkold.gif

mayabe in the panel in the back where the jack is. my suv has a panel that removes and has the jack and tire iron in it.
winkold.gif
that is also where they put the factory amp and woofer for premium sound systems in fords... if ur facing into the cargo area... they put it in the ride side panel....

I looked in the jack storage area, the fuel filler tube is taking all the room. It looks like ill have to mount it on the right side wall. I want to be able to unplug the box and take it out quickly when I have the mutts in the back.

if you moutn the amp behind the right rear cargo panel then all you will have to worry about disconnecting is the speaker leads to the woofers. which if it were me i would bridge the amp down to 1 channel and run the subs in series/ bu doing so youj will only have one set of speaker wires to disconnect...... below is a real shiddy diagram i jsut drew up for ya....

you use the positive from channel 1 and the negative from channel 2 to the positive and negative leads of sub 1. from there you basically run a jumper wire from sub 1 positive to sub 2 positive and from sub 1 negative to sub 2 negative.

amp_wiring.JPG

countersink the amp into the back of the one rear seat.
this one is mounted on top...but if you cut out a hole just large enuf for the top 1/2 to stick out, then the wire can be routed out of sight towards the rear.

sample:
PICTURE HERE

I remember my neighbors thinking I was nuts for having my entire interior out of my 2 month old truck for a week while I installed my system...no dash / seats / carpet / door panels ...nada. yes, it was fun.

countersink the amp into the back of the one rear seat.
this one is mounted on top...but if you cut out a hole just large enuf for the top 1/2 to stick out, then the wire can be routed out of sight towards the rear.

sample:
PICTURE HERE
hillard,

that is a good idea and does look good when done right. the only issue with that is the amp will still be in sight. id rather get my subs jacked that amp and subs.... as far is chris's application goes, his only real way to hide the amp without mounting it to the back of the woofer enclosure is to mount it behind the rear side panels in the cargo area of his bravada..... or you could always just build a false floor and mount the amp underneath of it....

if you moutn the amp behind the right rear cargo panel then all you will have to worry about disconnecting is the speaker leads to the woofers.  which if it were me i would bridge the amp down to 1 channel and run the subs in series/  bu doing so youj will only have one set of speaker wires to disconnect......  below is a real shiddy diagram i jsut drew up for ya....

you use the positive from channel 1 and the negative from channel 2 to the positive and negative leads of sub 1.  from there you basically run a jumper wire from sub 1 positive to sub 2 positive and from sub 1 negative to sub 2 negative.
Yep, thats the plan, just finding a location is the problem. Ill be on it hard this weekend, Ill let you know what I come up with. Thanks for the help.

Back