Totally sick Now

guido4512

Donating Member
Registered
AAAssjani.gif
Man I'm pizzzzed............ I just let the smoke out of my Precision Power Sub Amp.

I was re routing some wires under my seat in my truck where the amp is mounted. I had to disconnect the power plug to the amp which has both + and - in it. When I went to hook it back I fipped it somehow and it was polarized wrong. It took only a second and shhshshhhhh - I let the smoke out.

I should have disconnected it at the battery - Why -why- why- didn't I pull the fuse? AAHHHHHHHH!

My truck still stinks like MOSFET smoke.........
sad.gif

Now I can say.....
iamwithstupid.gif

Who knows where I can get some IRFZ44F mosfet transistors? Maybe I can fix this thing.......
rock.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

If you are gonna keep that sh*t up, invest in BIG DIODES !!

zalto....... (done that before)

I see kids do that about twice a week I just laugh and then sell them a new amp
jump9.gif

(spkerhed @ Mar. 03 2007,00:15) I see kids do that about twice a week I just laugh and then sell them a new amp
jump9.gif
I should know better!
tounge.gif

Can you hook a bro up?

rock.gif

Factory smoke is impossible to re-install. For thoughs who don't know, all electrical stuff runs on smoke...

(Powers739 @ Mar. 03 2007,08:02) Factory smoke is impossible to re-install. For thoughs who don't know, all electrical stuff runs on smoke...
bong7re.gif

(guido4512 @ Mar. 03 2007,04:42)
(spkerhed @ Mar. 03 2007,00:15) I see kids do that about twice a week I just laugh and then sell them a new amp
jump9.gif
I should know better!
tounge.gif

Can you hook a bro up?

rock.gif
what ya looking for I will see what I can do
beerchug.gif

I've done something similar...

I had a Volfenhag "15 sub in my truck. Well, it was run by a Sony X-Plod 1100 watt amp. (Don't buy those, I've heard alot of bad stuff, including my story) Well, the Amp decided to commit suicide and took the sub with it. THe Sub SMOKED! I took it out of the box an HOUR after it died, and it looked like I hotboxed my truck...

(spkerhed @ Mar. 03 2007,15:18)
(guido4512 @ Mar. 03 2007,04:42)
jump9.gif
I should know better!
tounge.gif

Can you hook a bro up?

rock.gif
what ya looking for I will see what I can do
beerchug.gif
Don't know - Ive been out of the car audio "loop" for a long time. Everything changes so quick these days ya never know whats good or not.
I had a Precision power pc250 for my subs. I was thinking about going to Rockford Fosgate. Any good?

rock.gif

rock.gif

(guido4512 @ Mar. 04 2007,05:41) I had a Precision power pc250 for my subs. I was thinking about going to Rockford Fosgate. Any good?

rock.gif
rockford makes a good amp not the same power as they used to do but still reliable

(yamahor @ Mar. 03 2007,20:12) I've done something similar...

I had a Volfenhag "15 sub in my truck. Well, it was run by a Sony X-Plod 1100 watt amp. (Don't buy those, I've heard alot of bad stuff, including my story) Well, the Amp decided to commit suicide and took the sub with it. THe Sub SMOKED! I took it out of the box an HOUR after it died, and it looked like I hotboxed my truck...
I would bet a pay check it was the sub that took the amp the wolfenhag crap is junk sony amps don’t have a lot of power but hold up well from my experience

(guido4512 @ Mar. 02 2007,23:23)
AAAssjani.gif
Man I'm pizzzzed............ I just let the smoke out of my Precision Power Sub Amp.

I was re routing some wires under my seat in my truck where the amp is mounted. I had to disconnect the power plug to the amp which has both + and - in it. When I went to hook it back I fipped it somehow and it was polarized wrong. It took only a second and shhshshhhhh - I let the smoke out.

I should have disconnected it at the battery - Why -why- why- didn't I pull the fuse? AAHHHHHHHH!

My truck still stinks like MOSFET smoke.........
sad.gif

Now I can say.....

Who knows where I can get some IRFZ44F mosfet transistors? Maybe I can fix this thing.......

sad.gif
Radio Shack and change the connector that the dumbazz manufacturer used to a keyed connector.
mad.gif

Hate it when the magic escapes

sad.gif

(spkerhed @ Mar. 04 2007,21:24)
(guido4512 @ Mar. 04 2007,05:41) I had a Precision power pc250 for my subs. I was thinking about going to Rockford Fosgate. Any good?

rock.gif
rockford makes a good amp not the same power as they used to do but still reliable
How would a Rockford 325.2 compare to my old Precision PC250? Any idea?
I need an amp with a built in x-over.
smile.gif
and that one looks good for the money.

the sucks azz....... PPI makes some damn good amps.

atleast it just smoked. when i was an installer at best buy some kid brought in an old power acoustic amp and wanted it hooked up. well, i did the install, started his vehicle, and all of a sudden the entire amp caught fire!!! talk about crappin ur pants......

and speaking of amps, i gotta take my car to the dealer tues. cause i had a speaker blow and short out the factory amp for the monsoon sound system. good thing its under warranty cause that is one expensive factory part to replace.

rockford makes a 500.1 mono-amp i believe. also, i know jl audio makes some good mono amps. a mono amp is really all u need to power ur woofers. jsut about every amp out now comes with a built in x-over. u may want to look into MTX. ive done quite a bit of work with those and i really like the power they produce.

Back