Car audio gurus help a noob please

all you professionals posting in here...I have a threadjack question.....I want to change out my broke azz oem stereo in my 06 silverado.

I want it to keep the stock look/functions......what are my options?

I prefer Kenwood.

Not many if you have the integrated dash/stereo. If you have Bose speakers you would be better yanking those out. They are not the standard 4 or 8 ohms. I would to consider a hidden head unit and CD/MP3 player with a dedicated amp system. There are some hidden units that have a remote display that you can mount in many places. If you do want the head unit in the factory location there are a few companies that make replacement trim to keep it clean looking. It all depends on the amount you are willing to spend.

Post a picture of what you have and I'll find the piece you need. I have a good friend that owns a performance auto and stereo shop. We get together to brainstorm and hang out every week or so.

all you professionals posting in here...I have a threadjack question.....I want to change out my broke azz oem stereo in my 06 silverado.

I want it to keep the stock look/functions......what are my options?

I prefer Kenwood.

I agree with truwrecks on this one. There's not much you can do with the factory system. If you want to keep the factory radio your best option would be the hidden system with remote. You can, however, get an aftermarket head unit (radio, cd player, etc) and get a dash kit for it. The dash kit just makes it so the head unit fits the factory opening. If you have the nav system w/ touch screen and all that I wouldn't change the factory system. You can get some better speakers and things like that to upgrade, but I'd leave the factory radio in there. It'll do a lot more than most aftermarkets will unless you spend close to or over a grand.

Back