Car Audio stuff

Have a project 3000GT that hasn't had much work done to it lately, but I put DynaMat inside both doors and trunklid and floor, replaced stock speakers with JBL dash, Infinity Reference door and rear speakers and a JL Audio 10W3 sub in a custom box. Added a JL Audio 6450 amp and with the factory stereo can be heard crystal clear from a distance of about 200 yds. Only real change I would make is to add components speakers to the doors. Total cost about $700.

I agree with BS on all of it, except I am partial to Eclipse head units.
I have an 03 Tahoe with a Eclipse head unit and I only had to put in a couple of extras because I wanted to keep my onstar and steering wheel controls. As far as the rest of the car I run JL audio subs and amps and MB quart in the doors. I still do not think there is another sub that can hold it down like the JLW7 series.
cool.gif

you are correct big_guy....... the jlw7's POUND!!!!!!!!!!!! i did an install that we hooked up a 500x1 jl mono amp to each voice coil on 1 12 inch woofer and that thing was viscious!!!!!

I have a 2004 Silverado with 2 kicker solo-baric 10"s under the rear seat with a RF Power series amp..

I actually bought a pre-made box that fits perfect under the seat..

If you are looking at maybe going this route, here is a pic of the box I have. Not actual pics of my truck(can take some if you want of my setup). They are stock photos from the actual website I bought the box from..

ultra212c.jpg

ultra212b.jpg

Man. i guess im old school.i used to run rockford fosgate amps and subs.had 6 power 1000's and 4 power 650's and 8 15" subs in a 89 mustang gt.went 154 db and won several contests with it.wish i had all the $14,000 bucks back that i spent on that setup.still have 2 1000's and 2 650's sitting in the attic waiting for my return to the 80's.im restoring an 82 mustang gt.soon to be an 8 second streetrod.

I have a 2001 Dodge ram with a custom made box behind the seat with custom built amp rack with 2 JL Audio amps (600x2 for the subs ) and a (300x1 for the front speakers and crossovers) I have 2 JL Audio 10's. I paid $1,900 for the whole system including the alpine head unit. I believe in saving money but if you want the best it will cost you.
thumb_up.gif
setup pix please
poke.gif

Back