the older riders

Awesome...and F that!! lol
I'm 45, still in really good shape...and want to stay that way!
I don't bounce as good as I used to!
I raced MX, 250B in '97, '98 seasons, and walked away under my own power at 20, while I still could!
Totally understand that! I've sustained injuries everywhere on my body at this point. I also don't bounce well anymore LOL So, yeah, I get it!

I had to get rid of my CR250R as I was dangerous on that thing...I've never raced motocross but I imagine I would have had lots of broken bones if I did..

Oddly enough even after 33 yrs of very hard military operations and training, I've yet to break a bone..

I hope at this point you never do.
I havn't in many years, and I hope I never do again.

Been lucky for sure....I guess I did break my nose a couple times...not sure if that counts though..

Depends, lol.
I've had mine broke, it was no big deal in the moment, and turned into a bad headache.
Then I had surgery to fix it, then having the splints removed wasn't bad.
A week later having the guaze packing pulled out of each side...after the blood had long dried and glued them in solid...was some kind of awful...even though it was just a minute per side, I wouldn't wish that on anyone, horrible.
I was really shocked about just how much of that they can pack into your head too, lol

Depends, lol.
I've had mine broke, it was no big deal in the moment, and turned into a bad headache.
Then I had surgery to fix it, then having the splints removed wasn't bad.
A week later having the guaze packing pulled out of each side...after the blood had long dried and glued them in solid...was some kind of awful...even though it was just a minute per side, I wouldn't wish that on anyone, horrible, lol
Yikes, that sounds like it wasn't much fun at all..

I broke mine the first time at the beginning of an OP deep in country and never had it looked at other than the medic who packed it for me (we were gone for a month)...it never was quite the same after that until I broke it again and had an actual Dr look at it who noted it had been broke before....he fixed it up for me.

Yikes, that sounds like it wasn't much fun at all..

I broke mine the first time at the beginning of an OP deep in country and never had it looked at other than the medic who packed it for me (we were gone for a month)...it never was quite the same after that until I broke it again and had an actual Dr look at it who noted it had been broke before....he fixed it up for me.

No fun at all, each side of packing was bigger than my fist, and I wear xl gloves.
I can't belive it even fit through my nostrils(you saw my pic in the helmet thread).
I bet everyone that ever had a nose job had no idea what they were in for after, lol
Some people get lucky and the Doc snaps them back in place in the office.
The most suprising thing to me was that as soon as I got hit, I heard a splash like sound, instant tears, but not from any pain as there was zero, and nothing but bright white light, I was completely blind otherwise, no shapes, blurry figures, nothing, just blinding white light.
I couldn't see anything for about a minute, then I started to see blurry, and focus came back within another minute.
Still zero pain, and then a bad headache in about 15 minutes.
I also never lost my footing, and quickly took that guy down, nor was there any woozy or blackout feeling, I was otherwise unfazed.
The Dr. told me that was all pretty normal too.
I always try and find the good, and think of it as a good experience.

Old thread, bout to turn 63, still at it

9321BDBD-B474-448B-911E-178D92CFC3CB.jpeg

Hi. The reason I had to leave Nam was because I was hit by sharpnel when a 51 cal machine guner was firing ar us from a village. One hit the skid brok up and 2 pieces went up into my back. I have been 110% disabled sense 1969. I started to worked after I got out of the wheelchair. Yes I do have 2 Purple Harts and others.
Thank you for your serv

Back