Helmet issues

wreckwriter

Donating Member
Registered
So I went out riding this morning and decided to see what the full tuck position feels like. Surprised to find that I can't see.

Research seems to indicate that certain helmets are better than others for this situation. I have an older Bell RS-1 full face.

Looking for recommendations on helmets with good field of view in tuck position. I can't afford to drop a grand on a helmet but I need a good one. Transition face shield is a plus, Snell rating also a plus. Available in yellow would be great

Helmets are a very personal choice and you have to be prepared for several entirely different responses..

I went from Shoei to HJC a few years ago and I got a carbon HJC RPHA 70ST....it is fine until you get into hyper-space and then it vibrates-I've traced this to the large vent on top..so this helmet isn't for you..

It has a drop down visor so that is one feature I really like.

I have heard good reviews on the other HJC RPHA carbon helmets though..

Shoei and HJC fit very similiar...egg heads(both fit me well).
Bell used to have this shape, but about 8 years ago they enlarged the forehead area.
Arai fits round heads.
You need to go somewhere like CycleGear and try them all on.
Then you'll know what fits you the best, and you can shop around prices.
Solid colors are always cheaper.
I have a Shoei RF1200 with the transitions(photocramatic) shield(and had one on an old Bell Star, before they changed the shape) and those things are awesome, they change instantly from light to dark, vice versa, and anywhere in between, the view from the inside is always the same too.
Most high end helmets come with pinlock shields now too, or they are inexpensive to buy separately.
They prevent fogging in any conditions.
My RF1200 with pinlock/transitions shield was $700 about 2 years ago, $200 being the transitions shield.

egg heads(both fit me well).

Sixpack's new profile pic?
@admin

I'm sorry, this was completely uncalled for. I apologize

6pack.png

Back