Glasses with a full face helmet. What do you do?

Rothman

"Professional Lurker"
Registered
I have been using modular/flip up helmets for years because I wear glasses. Modulars seem to be the only way I can make it work. Then again this is judging by the one full face helmet that I have owned, an older KBC.

I'm looking for a new helmet and trying to weigh my options. I really want a full face helmet for the protection and the far superior styling. I read an article on webbikeworld that one of their editors cuts the curved earpieces off of his glasses. Seems like a good option, I just hate to tear up a good pair of glasses. What do you guys do? What would you reccommend?

Put on helmet, install glasses, flip down visor, done. Do it a few times and you will forget they are there :thumbsup:

Not many options if you can't wear contacts.

I wear contacts, but I don't have a tinted visor so I've broke the ends of the ear pieces off some cheap sunglasses. Works for me.

Put on helmet, install glasses, flip down visor, done. Do it a few times and you will forget they are there :thumbsup:

+1

I wear glasses too. To avoid carrying prescription glasses and sunglasses I have an HJC with the integrated sunshield. LOVE that thing.

I thought I read somewhere that the new shoei models have indentions for glAsses so you might check into those. I know my rf1000 is comfortable with my oakleys on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried that with my KBC. I could never get them on straight or they would be to far from my nose and kinda floating in the helmet instead of resting on my face.

Tried that with my KBC. I could never get them on straight or they would be to far from my nose and kinda floating in the helmet instead of resting on my face.

My kbc did the same thing. It was just another reason that the shoei is a better helmet

i wear a shark rsr2 helmet. i have no issues what so ever. i prefer the nike sports glasses as they have the straight arms and are cut tighter to my head than normal glasses. i have always worn glasses and have just gotten used to it. however some frames just wont sit well in the helmet like my calvin klein frames. they fit really tight and my oliver peoples seemed to just float in my helmet. buy a good helmet and dont look back!:thumbsup:

+anudda. If I'm not wearing my glasses, I have my sunglasses w/ my contacts.

Had the exact same problem and posted here some time ago.

Glasses spoiled my ride, they fog in the winter and get in the way when I tuck in. Always a hassle to put them on under my Shoei.

I wear multi-focals, but someone suggested I try multi-focal contacts.

Best advice ever on the Busa forum.:thumbsup:

I wear them only when I ride, no more eye glasses, tuck in all the way behind the stock screen comfortably, no hassles.

The multi-focal contacts are not quite as good as my glasses, a bit harder to read fine print, but they are perfect for the bike.

I wear a large shoei rf 1000 and flexon glasses and have no problems. If your specs don't curve behind the ears, you will run into problems such as sliding forward or the lid lifting them high. This got very annoying so I switched back to the curve style.
Posted via Mobile Device

Arai Profile. TONS of room for my glasses in them.
I wish I could do LASIK, I've got like a huge problem with my eyes. I can't even put eye drops in them, I'm always like freaked about them. I could never even do contacts. I don't know what the deal is, just a problem I have... :(

Arai Quantum.

No problem.

My glasses are light sensitive, and automatically increase the tint in full sun. Excellent.

I have a Suomy helmet and wear glasses undermine helmet 70% of the time. Just put helmet on and strap down then put on glasses. If not wearing glasses I have contacts in and wear Oakley sunglasses.

I thought I read somewhere that the new shoei models have indentions for glAsses so you might check into those. I know my rf1000 is comfortable with my oakleys on

That's right the new Shoei RF1100 is supposed to have indentations for glasses ?
I had an RF1000 matching blue and white Busa helmet and my Costa Del Mar sunglasses fit perfectly inside it and felt excellent .
Now with the new RF1100 I got same glasses go on and in but 'lift' off my nose and don't fit as good as they did in old RF1000 :(
Sucks !

Arai Corsair Dani V .... just kinda nudge & nestle my Oakleys into place and once there can ride all day with them under my visor. It's a snug fit but no cutting or modifying needed.

That's right the new Shoei RF1100 is supposed to have indentations for glasses ?
I had an RF1000 matching blue and white Busa helmet and my Costa Del Mar sunglasses fit perfectly inside it and felt excellent .
Now with the new RF1100 I got same glasses go on and in but 'lift' off my nose and don't fit as good as they did in old RF1000 :(
Sucks !

same thing happened with my rf1100, wouldn't work the the oakley, but the cheap 10 dollar pair worked great...

Back