LaZer Kestrel Cabon Helmet

GNBRETT

Registered
does anyone have any experience with this helmet? I'm lookn for somethn really lightweight with a photocromatic lens. I know Akuma makes one too but this one comes with the transitions lens and its pin lock ready so no fogging.

yea its not SNELL rated but I'm jus lookn for somthn to ride daily with. any thoughts? freakn thing weighs 3 lbs!!!!! for $350 seems like a decent deal.

was thinkn about a Shoei but no one seems to know when the pin lock transitions lens will be ready. maybe august or maybe by the end of the year. was gonna go shoe but I need a tinted shield and zero interest in carrying another shield with me.

currently I have a bell star with photo lens and the lens is great but the helmet sux balls imo! its heavy, noisy and fits like chit! and cheap materials imo.

LaZer Kestrel Carbon Light Helmet - RevZilla

Good Price, but it's a closeout...All they have are XXL.
chit really? didn't know that. jus called Revzilla and its NOT on closeout. their waiting for a new shipment to come in from Europe. they said either end of this month or beginning of next they will have a full supply in.

chit really? didn't know that. jus called Revzilla and its NOT on closeout. their waiting for a new shipment to come in from Europe. they said either end of this month or beginning of next they will have a full supply in.

Cool! I've been lusting over a carbon fiber helmet for a while...

Cool! I've been lusting over a carbon fiber helmet for a while...
the beauty of this is not only does it weigh 3 lbs it actually comes with a transitions lens AND its a pin lock shield. for the price of a normal transitions shield the helmet is like $250. how can u go wrong for an every day helmet. laser has been around for a very long time. this isn't a new company. in fact, they are the oldest helmet producer in the world

Ijust checked the RevZilla site and they have all the sizes in stock, and you get a FREE photochromatic shield with the purchase.
I guess now's the time...

Ijust checked the RevZilla site and they have all the sizes in stock, and you get a FREE photochromatic shield with the purchase.
I guess now's the time...
yea I'm headn down there tomoro so ill take some close up pics and tell u wat I think. on the fence between that and the Shoei RF 1200. might jus buy both lol. for the price of both its still cheaper then an Arai corsair.

its a tough call cause I want somthn light but the rf1200 offers a lot of nice features. jus wish it was slightly lighter. the laser is freakn 3.0 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!

yea I'm headn down there tomoro so ill take some close up pics and tell u wat I think. on the fence between that and the Shoei RF 1200. might jus buy both lol. for the price of both its still cheaper then an Arai corsair.

its a tough call cause I want somthn light but the rf1200 offers a lot of nice features. jus wish it was slightly lighter. the laser is freakn 3.0 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, and it's CARBON FIBER...
Shoei's are hard to beat, don't wear out fast, and they feel so nice on the inside where my head rides...A tough choice to make!!

I was going to pull the trigger on a LaZer but the biggest size is a 2xl. I need a 3xl:banghead:
not even worth it big Jack. seen it in person and tried it on. it was like putting on a hockey helmet compared to the Shoei. the fit was awful imo. the padding was kinda cheesy imo. and the freakn thing is HUGE. like bigger then my Bell Star which makes you look like ur wearing an egg on ur head.....smh

I compared it against the Shoei RF 1200 with the revzilla helmet guy who was EXTREMELY knowledgeable. the guy really schooled me on a lot of things. he personally will only wear Shoei or Arai but states the Shoei is a better all around helmet for the street hands down and is far quieter then the Arai!

I went there to compare the Shoei RF 1200 vs. The LaZer Kestrol Carbon. their not even in the same universe! these are my thoughts on the two helmets:

Shoei RF 1200:

1.) Lightweight. lighter then my Bell Star carbon which I know aint sayn much but its lighter.
2.) Extremely well made.
3.) Great graphics designs to chose from.
4.) Small.
5.) Cut out for MP3 speakers.
6.) SNELL certified.
7.) Pinlock transitions shield available early August or so they say....
8.) Emergency pull tab system.
9.) Visor has a real thick rubber gasket that really seals the lid shut.
10.) Almost guaranteed to be quieter then the LaZer but IDN cause I haven't used it.
11.) Easier to get parts for.

LaZer Kestrel Cabon:

1.) VERY lightweight. but, to my surprise on .03 grams lighter then the Shoei which came in at 3.6 lbs. so the LaZer was only 3.3 lbs. light, but not as light as they claim. the revzilla guy broke out the digital scale and I seen it with my own eyes so no BS here.
2.) Comes with a photocromatic shield. thats huge IMO considering Shoei is charging $150 for theirs and this helmet is half the price of the
Shoei with the transition shield. Shoei $560 + $150 for shield $710. LaZser is $350 with the transitions shield. Shoei solid colors are
$100 cheaper tho. the matt black looks good.
3.) Looks great in CF.
4.) Interior padding and material is not so good. not anywhere near s a good as Shoei. not even close.
5.) no speaker cut out.
6.) BIG!!!!!! wow u shud see it side by side to the Shoei. that can't be good for wind turbulence down the highway.
7.) Im betting its far noisier then the Shoei but thats just my guess. but, didn't use yet so...
8.) Venting seemed decent but not as good as Shoei's. but, again didn't use yet so not sure but it sure looked that way.
10.) No emergency pull tab system.
11.) Shield definitely did not seal like the Shoei did.
12.) Parts I'm sure will be more difficult to get.
13.) NOT Snell certified. not a biggie for most but if I wanna track my bike I need a Snell helmet.

so the weight of the LaZer doesn't amount to very much and the Shoei is just better no matter how u slice but if someone was on a tight budget the LaZer a pretty good bargain. the LaZer is definitely designed for ppl with rounder heads.

bottom line is.... u get wat u pay 4!!!!!

Back