Stinkin helmets?

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
baaa.gif
How are you cleaning your stinkin helmet? ( ...your helmet doesnt smell? sure man, sure... ) I took my first helmet apart as it was suppose to be a removable liner... yeah you can remove it , just can ever get back in right ... hrs & hrs later still not right. My newer helmet also says
" removable " ahhhh I may be dumb but I'm not stupid! So as recomended by a race shop in Honolulu I removed face shield and submerged entire helmet in 5 gal bucket with a little laundry detergent soaked for 30 mins rinsed in same bucket 3 X place in front of a fan overnight and vuala! Fresh as a spring day!!!
biggrin.gif

I ALWAYS wear a head wrap, like a bandana but made to wear on your head. Cant stand nasty sweat getting in my helmet.

Woolite and cool water. Drain. Press insides with dry towel. Place in dryer with rack for an hour.

Take a shower every day and/or move to a dryer climate!!!!
Maybe a baking soda and water mix can help.
lachen011.gif
lachen011.gif

lachen011.gif

Take out the liner (Arai RX7 helmets do that), toss it in the washer, air dry it and put it back in the helmet. In between washings I'll squirt some Fabreeze in it.

Oh yeah, I also use a cool max head cover before the Helmet goes on... good ideas all around guys.
thumbs-up.gif

I'll have to try the Woolite thing, sounds good. I was just tossing them out.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back