Ecu flash

Piatt456

Registered
I had my ecu flashed now the bike runs terrible black smoke eexhaust smells bad stumble pops at 6k is this an ecu dlash prob or is there another issue ??

Introduction

+

I had my ecu flashed now the bike runs terrible black smoke eexhaust smells bad stumble pops at 6k is this an ecu dlash prob or is there another issue ??
Who did it for you? All Flashers are not created equal...
I had MPS do my Busa. And Schnitz do my Gixxer. No problems with either.

If it ran fine before the flash then I'd definitely think someone screwed up flashing it. As already pointed out we're gonna need a little more info to help. Who did the flash, year of bike and mods, a little history on the bike, etc. And like sandow pointed out we do like pics and if u take a minute and introduce yourself and your bike in the new owners area or even here it'll help get a response out of the family we have around here.

It is probably bad fuel mapping done by the flash. I kind of doubt they would screw up bad enough to give you fueling for a different bike but it could happen. I don't think a map for the wrong pipe would cause the bike to run as poorly as you describe but maybe if you have stock exhaust and they gave you a full system fuel map. I'd strongly suggest you stay away from high rpm until you have the fuel map checked. If it's running lean, you don't want to be running high in the high revs. Your description sounds like it's running rich but I'd still be careful. It might go lean at some point up high and that's bad mojo.

damn that sucks man! I hope your bike is going to be ok, I seen the pictures you been posting on your other post - very nice looking bike. and its not that old. sounds like they messed up on your ecu, they better fix it for you.

Back