Who Rode Today?

Practically everyday. Been beautiful here. I think they’re calling for 84 today.

1C58B5A4-B2A2-4B3F-BC84-75B9931F2751.jpeg

I rode today..... wasn’t a Busa but slightly less powerful and almost as scary lol

It’s a Yamaha AG100 motor...one of the techs at the Workshop has built it for the Scooter Safari that’s coming up in May.
The mad bar stewards are riding scooters from one side of the South Island to the other side... over the Southern Alps!!!!
All for a good cause though.. there’s some great laughs to be had too!
Here’s my bike, 48cc Chinese kit motor lol

BB9DB8FD-4DF1-4D4C-B4BC-D66C333D777B.jpeg

I rode today..... wasn’t a Busa but slightly less powerful and almost as scary lol
View attachment 1614613

It’s a Yamaha AG100 motor...one of the techs at the Workshop has built it for the Scooter Safari that’s coming up in May.
The mad bar stewards are riding scooters from one side of the South Island to the other side... over the Southern Alps!!!!
All for a good cause though.. there’s some great laughs to be had too!
Here’s my bike, 48cc Chinese kit motor lol

View attachment 1614614
The Ministry of Transportation in Canada is starting to regulate these and making people get rid of them as a result.

There was a guy in our local area that had one and he was riding it everywhere like a mad man and it was loud as heck.

The Ministry of Transportation in Canada is starting to regulate these and making people get rid of them as a result.

There was a guy in our local area that had one and he was riding it everywhere like a mad man and it was loud as heck.
What a guy!
Good for him, I did the same when I first built my GT 48cc, the blue one in the pic, back in 2008.
I rode it to work in the city and caught the eye of a motorcycle cop as I wax flying down the cycle lane on a busy street at 40kmh!
He pulled me over and gave me a lecture about the dangers of it all, and proceeded to give me a ticket for no registration... $200.
I got it registered ($68 for the year) and they waived the fine.
I’ve had several near misses with pedestrians and cars due to the speed and them not expecting me to be moving so quick.
I stopped riding it eventually and just pulled it out of storage the other day and cleaned it and serviced it at work, dunno if I’ll do the scooter safari though, she’s a big day on a skinny wee seat lmao!

What a guy!
Good for him, I did the same when I first built my GT 48cc, the blue one in the pic, back in 2008.
I rode it to work in the city and caught the eye of a motorcycle cop as I wax flying down the cycle lane on a busy street at 40kmh!
He pulled me over and gave me a lecture about the dangers of it all, and proceeded to give me a ticket for no registration... $200.
I got it registered ($68 for the year) and they waived the fine.
I’ve had several near misses with pedestrians and cars due to the speed and them not expecting me to be moving so quick.
I stopped riding it eventually and just pulled it out of storage the other day and cleaned it and serviced it at work, dunno if I’ll do the scooter safari though, she’s a big day on a skinny wee seat lmao!
The can't be registered here as they aren't legal.

I recall last summer hearing that guy wringing out the little 2 stroke...it brought back fond memories.

The can't be registered here as they aren't legal.

I recall last summer hearing that guy wringing out the little 2 stroke...it brought back fond memories.
That’s sad the canookdian gubmint won’t allow them... they are so much fun!!
Because the scooter safari is such a big event now after 10 years of it running once a year, and the fact that it raises money for the cancer foundation, the cops turn a blind eye to the whole registration issue and leave them alone.
I guess the NZ authorities are more liberal than the Canadians.
Anyway, it’s a nice day dawning here right now, at 5.56am and I’m preparing to go trail riding on my DRZ400E.... gosh it makes me feel so young again, until I actually start getting my body hammered on the rough stuff... then the joint pain kicks in and I’m reminded I’m 62 lmao!

...and you made it home without anything in a cast....??
Strangely..... yes.
But my mate on the KDX is still recovering from a broken hand and collar bone sustained in a road racing (track) crash 6 weeks ago and fell off twice in the sand dunes.... he was wincing and in obvious pain, but he pressed on like a soldier and still enjoyed himself, he’s a youngster though, just turned 50 lol

Going to a Classic Japanese Motorcycle show today at the Woolston Club, in ChCh.

Will take loads of pics and post up the best of the best, there will be hundreds of 60's-80's era bikes on display, all immaculately presented but sadly no Busas.
We all know the Busa is a 'classic' bike in it's own right :thumbsup:

Back