Who Rode Today?

Out pounding down the miles with zrx friends. Local police officer was cool to chat with . Started in the rain leaving home ,but stopped quickly after 20 miles.

20200315_085308.jpg

20200315_085738.jpg

20200315_075639.jpg

20200315_090505.jpg

20200315_091811.jpg

How was the GS in the cold ? How was it in general . Must know :)

Well since you asked:

I'm doing a 100 mi run today - perhaps the last time (for foreseeable future) the retirement home will permit visitors into mom's place.
I just did a Google Maps traffic check. Nothing. Completely green, and it's the classic rush hour moving into Los Angeles.
This ought to be interesting.

I'm doing a 100 mi run today - perhaps the last time (for foreseeable future) the retirement home will permit visitors into mom's place.
I just did a Google Maps traffic check. Nothing. Completely green, and it's the classic rush hour moving into Los Angeles.
Was out yesterday during rush hour and had a nice brisk 120-150 pace the entire way and was in the area that is usually stand still at that time of day. Was pretty nice but because of the reason for it still made it not quite as enjoyable.

Welcome to the Apocalypse (Freeway System)!
Left Fontana CA at 1115am, just happened to fist-bump a GSXR1000 (Black bike, white rims) that rolled up next to me at a stoplight, then followed his rear wheel for about 25 empty (and super-fast) freeway miles (210 E). He got slapped with snow that blew off the roof of a car ahead of us, which allowed me to steer around it (thanks, whoever you were). Tailgated a police SUV in the carpool lane into the city of Pasadena.

The ride back (around 2p) was almost as empty, just as fast. Compared to a stretch of highway that's usually gridlocked that time of day.

The most fun I've had in quite a while.

Note to Self: Core needs work! Forgot how going fast(er) requires use of those muscles to maintain good body position.

Hey!! I was there 3 years ago and took the same pics! lol.
It's a cool hardware store huh? The owner of the shop, can't remember his name, came up and started chatting with the group I was with. Interesting guy, he has a lot of very cool cars as well as bikes.
It's so worth going down to Invercargill coz there's actually a good deal of stuff to see down there. My Dad came from there so it was good to go see the house he was raised in, still standing.
Did you go to Bluff? That's a place worth visiting too, just to say you've been to the deep South, I also have an old friend that moved there when he retired for the cheap housing. He likes it, but doesn't like the isolation from all his mates up here.
Looks like you enjoyed the trip Nath, good on ya mate!

I rode today, took my DRZ400 down to the river (7kms from my place) and trail blazed it around the gravel roads and rode a few tracks too, great fun!
On the way home I rode along the big wide grass verge along the roadside and nearly crashed in a irrigation ditch that was hard to spot as I approached it . . . note to self, you're not a spring chicken any longer . . BE MORE CAREFUL! lmao.
Also found out my new safari 19 liter fuel tank has a 360km range before it goes to reserve! How good is that??

IMG_0804.JPG

Hey!! I was there 3 years ago and took the same pics! lol.
It's a cool hardware store huh? The owner of the shop, can't remember his name, came up and started chatting with the group I was with. Interesting guy, he has a lot of very cool cars as well as bikes.
It's so worth going down to Invercargill coz there's actually a good deal of stuff to see down there. My Dad came from there so it was good to go see the house he was raised in, still standing.
Did you go to Bluff? That's a place worth visiting too, just to say you've been to the deep South, I also have an old friend that moved there when he retired for the cheap housing. He likes it, but doesn't like the isolation from all his mates up here.
Looks like you enjoyed the trip Nath, good on ya mate!
Its an awesome hardware shop alright :super: having bikes strewn in with tools etc is epic !
Ive been to the shop a few times over the years while going to the Burt Munro Rally and yes ive been up the Bluff hill.
The bike museum is outstanding as is Richardsons truck museum.

Hardware store

Motorcycle Mecca

Truck museum.

Back