Who Rode Today?

I rode today..... wasn’t a Busa but slightly less powerful and almost as scary lol
View attachment 1614613

It’s a Yamaha AG100 motor...one of the techs at the Workshop has built it for the Scooter Safari that’s coming up in May.
The mad bar stewards are riding scooters from one side of the South Island to the other side... over the Southern Alps!!!!
All for a good cause though.. there’s some great laughs to be had too!
Here’s my bike, 48cc Chinese kit motor lol

View attachment 1614614
Is the one in the first picture that fast? The thing has the pedals welded way back almost at the rear axle. look like drag racing pegs being so far back. Lol

I rode today, took my DRZ400 down to the river (7kms from my place) and trail blazed it around the gravel roads and rode a few tracks too, great fun!
On the way home I rode along the big wide grass verge along the roadside and nearly crashed in a irrigation ditch that was hard to spot as I approached it . . . note to self, you're not a spring chicken any longer . . BE MORE CAREFUL! lmao.
Also found out my new safari 19 liter fuel tank has a 360km range before it goes to reserve! How good is that??

View attachment 1615074
Greg, glad you are enjoying the little bike. I couldn’t take the nice weather without a “dirtbike” to go in the woods with, so started looking and found and AMAZING deal on 2018 DR650 and pulled the trigger. The owner was a very nice older gentleman that bought it and put over $3k in upgrades and after 2k miles decided to get a baby KTM, so he put the DR for sale to thin the herd since wife was starting to question why he needed 4 “dirtbikes”. At the price, I couldn’t pass it up and quickly forgot about the idea of getting a V-strom (for now). Wish we were closer so we could go sling some dirt around on the thumpers. Here is the only pics I got for now. I just brought it home.

1600EA6F-899F-4BB5-A4D9-9D8CB86E5677.jpeg

BD61B799-95BE-4357-9417-B9EFECBC535A.jpeg

Greg, glad you are enjoying the little bike. I couldn’t take the nice weather without a “dirtbike” to go in the woods with, so started looking and found and AMAZING deal on 2018 DR650 and pulled the trigger. The owner was a very nice older gentleman that bought it and put over $3k in upgrades and after 2k miles decided to get a baby KTM, so he put the DR for sale to thin the herd since wife was starting to question why he needed 4 “dirtbikes”. At the price, I couldn’t pass it up and quickly forgot about the idea of getting a V-strom (for now). Wish we were closer so we could go sling some dirt around on the thumpers. Here is the only pics I got for now. I just brought it home.

View attachment 1615138

View attachment 1615139
Very nice my friend, very nicely set up too . . that FMF pipe , mmmmmmm . .
I so want one for my DRZ but the muffler alone is $600 here, can't do it as the virus panic spreads thru NZ and people are not bringing their bikes in for work and the work in the workshop is thin, I've gone home early yesterday and today.
Thing is with working in the bike servicing game, they are toys afterall, and the toys are put away when the going gets tough for people, bit of a bummer but that's the line of work I chose and I just gotta suck it up.
Tomorrow morning (Saturday) I'm going on a trail ride with a few mates at the river (close by) and we are going to have a full day on the dirt bikes. Really looking forward to that! Will post up some action pics . . . I'm just heading out to the garage to change the oil and filter and get the DRZ ready!

Is the one in the first picture that fast? The thing has the pedals welded way back almost at the rear axle. look like drag racing pegs being so far back. Lol
The pedals position is really the best and easiest spot to have them.
Yes it is fast, but the owner is restricting the throttle and gearing it appropriately lol.

View attachment 1615138

View attachment 1615139
Gee . . . it's a shame that bike looks so clean! You gonna keep it that way?? As in, never get it dirty?? :poke:

Very nice my friend, very nicely set up too . . that FMF pipe , mmmmmmm . .
I so want one for my DRZ but the muffler alone is $600 here, can't do it as the virus panic spreads thru NZ and people are not bringing their bikes in for work and the work in the workshop is thin, I've gone home early yesterday and today.
Thing is with working in the bike servicing game, they are toys afterall, and the toys are put away when the going gets tough for people, bit of a bummer but that's the line of work I chose and I just gotta suck it up.
Tomorrow morning (Saturday) I'm going on a trail ride with a few mates at the river (close by) and we are going to have a full day on the dirt bikes. Really looking forward to that! Will post up some action pics . . . I'm just heading out to the garage to change the oil and filter and get the DRZ ready!
The FMF is pricey for sure. Imon my previous DR I went with the common procycle.us midpipe designed to fit a gsxr muffler and was happy with the setup and kept the stock header. This fmf screams too loud at hard RPM, but I might still keep it. Hope you have fun and be careful pout there. Don’t want to break the bike or yourself. I’m sure you’ll wake up sore on Sunday. Lol

Only riding allowed down here is to the supermarket or get gas... essential workers need a covering letter to be on the road.

We are in a 'State of emergency' situation down here, lockdown for 4 weeks to try and stop THAT virus :(
We are not locked down completely yet. I did not stop anywhere so I don't know why you can't ride a bike. Maybe because you can breakdown or get in a wreck and have to be around people. I better get another ride in tomorrow before we do close down. Dealership sales for cars and motorcycles are closed.

We are not locked down completely yet. I did not stop anywhere so I don't know why you can't ride a bike. Maybe because you can breakdown or get in a wreck and have to be around people. I better get another ride in tomorrow before we do close down. Dealership sales for cars and motorcycles are closed.
Thats the problem if you crash thru your own doing or someone elses and need hospital care theres a big chance (esp in the US) you'll be sharing a room / hallway with a Covid - 19 patient, it aint worth going out guys :crazy:

They issued the stay at home till the 7th here and threatening jail up to 180 days for those not complying.

We don’t have Marshall law here yet, just a strong stay at home directive from the Gov. The weather is supposed to break by my birthday in a week or so and I plan on hitting the foothill two lanes for 2-300 miles. I’ll pack a couple beverages and a snack or two and keep my gloves on when I get gas. Can’t see any harm in a solo ride.

We don’t have Marshall law here yet, just a strong stay at home directive from the Gov. The weather is supposed to break by my birthday in a week or so and I plan on hitting the foothill two lanes for 2-300 miles. I’ll pack a couple beverages and a snack or two and keep my gloves on when I get gas. Can’t see any harm in a solo ride.
Most people thought the same till the SOE was brought in..
Happy birthday in advance and hope u get your ride :D

Back