How did i end up a roofer

Someone say roofer?

20181105_113212.jpg

Being a roofing guy would scare the sh*t outta me, the height, the angles/pitch of the roof etc, scary stuff man . . . those guys deserve to be paid well for the risk as well as the tough physical hard work involved!

I was watching some roofers up on a commercial building and they were handling long runs of corrugated iron. . . in gusty wind conditions!!
It looked so dicey, I thought they were going to get blown off the roof at one point.
And one of the guys was bare handed, NO GLOVES!!
Madness . . . . :confused:

I've never been a roofer professionally, but I'm one of those guys that gets roped into stuff for their friends all the time. After I got to 260 and couldn't walk the paper on a 12 pitch anyore, I just stay on the ground. Can't imagine doing it for a living. Much respect.

I use to wonder why roofers kept old sofa cushions . Then I built my large shed , and laid the roof myself . I had no skin on my knees ! Hurt to walk , and had to not wear jeans for a week plus at work . Hired a good roofer to do a section of the home after the porch was redone , and had to alter / open up some places . Didn't think it would look good , but the guy redid 100 square foot section from bottom up into existing shingles that included a section where to angles or valley met . Couldn't tell when he was done .

I use to wonder why roofers kept old sofa cushions . Then I built my large shed , and laid the roof myself . I had no skin on my knees ! Hurt to walk , and had to not wear jeans for a week plus at work . Hired a good roofer to do a section of the home after the porch was redone , and had to alter / open up some places . Didn't think it would look good , but the guy redid 100 square foot section from bottom up into existing shingles that included a section where to angles or valley met . Couldn't tell when he was done .
They also make very very good money. The customer I shared the pic of their truck is always dropping money left and right. But given the circumstances I can’t even be one to argue that the money is not warranted

They also make very very good money. The customer I shared the pic of their truck is always dropping money left and right. But given the circumstances I can’t even be one to argue that the money is not warranted
Hard work for sure.....my father in law and I built a 30X30 garage last summer and just doing the roof on that was hard work...I couldn't imagine a large house with complex peaks and such.......

Man eating wolf*

The grey one died recently.
very sad, hope you are doing o.k. Im sure the other dog is not. seeing them on the bed told me how you felt about them. tough times. I love and trust my dogs more than I do people. truth is they are better than most people. I hope it gets better soon

U can sit right on cushion at very steep pitch and will not slide I swear by them

I’m a residential roofer the pay has been at a stand still for a few years here. Nvm the weather that’s always screwing you I promise u we don’t make nearly what u think all the rain days then a two month lay off every year sucks.

Back