Life After Death?

Do You Believe in Life After Death?

• Yes, this is just the beginning.

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • Nope.

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters
Do the right thing every day...die trying for what you believe in... help a kid / older person cross the street...one day when you are looking for help it will be there

I'm honestly out on the subject. My beliefs say there is nothing paranormal out there but who knows its not an eternal dream or out like a switch. Nobody is scared to go to sleep but we all "fear" (to some degree) the final sleep. I try to enjoy the life experience and the older I get the more I hope there's something more, but also the older I get the less and less I believe there is anything out there on any level of existence.

LOL, where do you dig up these old posts?
I am on acraege with a growing compost heap. I had to promise my wife about what goes in there, she said even if one dog poop finds its way over there she won't touch anything grown from it. Imagine if it was a human body.:crazy:

What is next, are we heading back towards cannibalism?

LOL, where do you dig up these old posts?
I am on acraege with a growing compost heap. I had to promise my wife about what goes in there, she said even if one dog poop finds its way over there she won't touch anything grown from it. Imagine if it was a human body.:crazy:

What is next, are we heading back towards cannibalism?
if BUTTGIEG gets elected.

On May 2nd 2019, I spent 6 hours on a heart/lung machine. No heart beat or lung function while my surgeon and his team did their best work to give me another 40 or so years to get life right.

I don't recall a light at the end of the tunnel or angels flying about telling me to "go back".

Still, the kick start of my heart at the end of the procedure worked and I'm here again. I'm disappointed to say I have no vision into what's coming when this life is done, but I promise not to waste the time I've been given in this life.

Over the last few years I have come to believe that death is the end. To me the afterlife was intertwined with religious beliefs. I've been a non-believer for 10 years now. If there's no God, why would there be an afterlife?

Weird thing is I do still believe in ghosts because there is evidence they exist. I don't know if that is some sort of life or if it is just left over energy.

I used to go to a Baptist church and during the course of the day, I heard the preacher man speak on Allah not being a real God. He went on to indirectly say that anyone who prays to Allah, Buddha, or the likes is wrong and not praying to a real God. Who's place is it to say someone of another faith is wrong and their God doesnt exist? After that, I began questioning my beliefs. After living my life being told God does exist, I found it to be highly questionable. I found more peace in being Agnostic and that has stuck.....

.....with that said, do I believe in an afterlife? Not in the way it is generally explained. I think something awaits us. I think something created us. I dont think we came from some random spark of energy. I dont believe in Evolution.

I dont want to put my time and faith into something only to find out it doesnt exist. I'd rather go to my deathbed pleasantly surprised than to be let down.

To each their own, I respect everyone's individual belifes, and I am no better than anyone else nor here to preach to anyone.
With that said...
I Am a beliver that Jesus Christ was and is the physical embodiment of the living God of All creation. I always have been, always will be. Nothing can or will change that.
Regardless, years ago, I was curious if more physical evidence exhisted, to further bridge the gap of faith.
So, I started reading, watching archeological research videos, etc.
What I found shocked me.
The Dead Sea Scrolls(look them up if you're unfamiliar) contain many books of the Tora/aka Old Testament. The scrolls are authenticated from over 2k years ago.
In the time since, the Bible has been translated into most of the 3k+ languages on earth. Keeping in mind all of the time before printing plates or the printing press were invented. So, statistically, there is no way that a 2k+ year old book, which had to be hand copied and translated could survive the test of time. It's meanings and stories would have changed to where it was all pointless.
When scientists and Biblical scholars compared the scrolls to the modern version, in each original language, which I belive was Aramaic...they found 9 words that were different. And the 9 words were described as words that were lost in translation, and none changed any meaning of the subject.
A mathematical impossibility, an anomaly. And fyi...math is either right or wrong, a universal language. This Cannot happen...yet it does.
As I've said before, many a non beliver set out to disprove God, and in the end, came to belive.
There is more evidance too, you just need to look. "Seek and you will find, ask, and you shall receive, knock, and the door will be opened".
The Old Testament makes over 700 predictions on the coming of Jesus Christ.
It has also been proven a mathematical impossibility for any to group to have been able to fufill All of these promises, no matter how hard they tried.
Jesus had 12 disciples, Judas betrayed him, John died in exhile on an island writing part of the New Testament.
The other 10...
All 10 were individually hunted down by Rome, and told to stop preaching the Gospel, or they would be killed.
All 10 said that they belived that Jesus was dead on the cross, but had seen Him risen, knew he was who He said He was...and All willingly chose death before they would deny Him.
Rome's account confirms the Biblical story of Jesus's death. That there was no mistake in how they tortured and murdered Him, as countless others had been, before and since.
Watch the History Channel special on the Shroud of Turin, and the skeptical scientists who set out to disprove it...who in the end belive it to be authentic.
I don't need any of this to be a beliver, as I have experienced enough in my own personal life that my faith can never be shaken. However, the evidence really makes you think.
Allah, Buda, whoever, no one, Ever did the things that Jesus did.
I respect everyone, but challenge the non beliver to logically disprove Jesus.
If Christianity(belife in Jesus, Not man's religeon) is not for you, then that is your choice and right to do so :beerchug:

"Seek and you will find, ask, and you shall receive, knock, and the door will be opened".
No this is not true. Try it sometime. What you ask for either happens or it doesn't as if by chance. Even for food and roof over your kids head. That won't just pop up. I tried. Didn't work. So God decided what I thought I needed was not what I needed. OK, God knows more than me.

I respect everyone, but challenge the non beliver to logically disprove Jesus.
Continuation of story from above: So God knows what I really need and I might not always know what I need. OK God, I am having a hard time believing in you now because you did not provide for me and I am not able to provide for my children now. I accept you know what is best for me but I am having trouble believing. Please just give me the gift of faith so that I can have peace while accepting that you do not always answer prayers even for basic needs.

I did not get the faith I asked for either. It didn't work. God would not even give me faith which is about as basic as it gets.

Also try tithing and see if your tithe comes back to you tenfold or not. The Bible says you are allowed to test God on that. I know tithing is no longer necessary but the Bible says you can expect to make out better tithing than any other investment you can make. It doesn't work. I tried that too.

Seems to me, if God exists, he did just about everything he could do to convince me he does not exist.

I do not try to dissuade people from being happy with their beliefs but this came up so I said my part. Believers will go on believing. Some of them will have their life fall in the crapper like I did and come to the same conclusion I have. Others will have a more stable life that appears to be blessed.

Last edited:
My life has improved a great deal since I became an atheist. I feel no reason to be committed to my non- belief but my complete lack of prayer has led to me acquiring a decent job for the first time in my life. Atheism seems to have worked better for me than Christianity. I still think I lead a pretty Christian life. Maybe better than some of my Christian friends do.

I respectfully say that you gave up too soon.
The harder your challenges, the greater your purpose.
I have been where you have been, in terms of jobs, money, struggles, nothing working, no matter how hard I tried...and I paid my tithes.
I finally had to let go, and let God.
Good things come to those who wait.
We Are given a predetermined course, with free will of how we run it. Blessing and promotion are laid out for the right time.
God's time is not our time. Usually we don't understand all the why's in life.
Faith bridges the gap.
Faith, the substance of things hoped for, not Yet seen.
Can you truly say that giving up on God is what prospered you? You wouldn't think that maybe you moved into God's blessings in your life, after you had been strengthened in your struggle to handle it? That we are in a grand design beyond our comprehension, and in turn, certain things need to happen before our prayers can be answered? As in, the job you have was'nt available until You got it?
That sometimes, later in life, we really do find an answer to an old unanswered prayer.
And that when we do, we understand...and are even grateful for the hardship, because of where we are now?
That Alot of us get angry at God, and stray.
That there is an enemy fighting against us, the battle for our mind, and in turn, our soul.
That life is even deeper, and more complex than most understand.
That your frustration from circumstances had broken you. That when it didn't happen how and when and the way you wanted it, you quit.
Without that frustration, your stress went down. As did the heat. The enemy fights you the hardest the closer you get to your goals.
If you give up on God, the heat on you usually goes down, because you've been got...deceived. There is no longer a need to fight you away from God, as you have walked away.
When we are far from God, we have to ask ourselves, who moved?
Life is All perspective, and it's meaning is simple, yet brilliant.
Once you figure it all out, life becomes easy, no matter what comes your way.
Yes, I Have had struggle and adversity.
I have overcome it...and I have won.
I am prosperous, and still have struggle, but it's part of the journey.
I encourage you...change your perspective.
Look again.

I respectfully say that you gave up too soon.
The harder your challenges, the greater your purpose.
I have been where you have been, in terms of jobs, money, struggles, nothing working, no matter how hard I tried...and I paid my tithes.
I finally had to let go, and let God.
Good things come to those who wait.
We Are given a predetermined course, with free will of how we run it. Blessing and promotion are laid out for the right time.
God's time is not our time. Usually we don't understand all the why's in life.
Faith bridges the gap.
Faith, the substance of things hoped for, not Yet seen.
Can you truly say that giving up on God is what prospered you? You wouldn't think that maybe you moved into God's blessings in your life, after you had been strengthened in your struggle to handle it? That we are in a grand design beyond our comprehension, and in turn, certain things need to happen before our prayers can be answered? As in, the job you have was'nt available until You got it?
That sometimes, later in life, we really do find an answer to an old unanswered prayer.
And that when we do, we understand...and are even grateful for the hardship, because of where we are now?
That Alot of us get angry at God, and stray.
That there is an enemy fighting against us, the battle for our mind, and in turn, our soul.
That life is even deeper, and more complex than most understand.
That your frustration from circumstances had broken you. That when it didn't happen how and when and the way you wanted it, you quit.
Without that frustration, your stress went down. As did the heat. The enemy fights you the hardest the closer you get to your goals.
If you give up on God, the heat on you usually goes down, because you've been got...deceived. There is no longer a need to fight you away from God, as you have walked away.
When we are far from God, we have to ask ourselves, who moved?
Life is All perspective, and it's meaning is simple, yet brilliant.
Once you figure it all out, life becomes easy, no matter what comes your way.
Yes, I Have had struggle and adversity.
I have overcome it...and I have won.
I am prosperous, and still have struggle, but it's part of the journey.
I encourage you...change your perspective.
Look again.
ask michaelH if he believes in god.... michaels life is undoubtedly the toughest of all.... hand to hand combat in war..... lived to tell the story.... he might have some perspective at 70.

Hey Six, I don't want to get into this discussion too deep but the Bible says that the existence of God cannot be proven by fact, science, or any of man's knowledge. Faith is a belief in the absence of proof, and so God demands faith and will not prove conclusively his existence. If God showed his power directly, people would follow him due to fear, not faith. Remember in the decades following the resurrection even the disciples felt abandoned by God and Peter had to keep them together as Christians.

When Jesus walked the earth, he performed miracles publicly to show his power. I don't recall the event but he said never again would he show his power (maybe the flood).

Amen to everything you have said sixpack. Although I ride a ZX-14R, I look at this forum almost everyday, like I had said in a post a few months ago. You guys all seem to be really close and I respect you for that.
I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior on November 18, 1984. I asked God to forgive my sins and Jesus to come into my life. My heart changed right there. I had such a warm feeling inside and I know for a fact it was the Holy Spirit changing me. I know when I die I'm going to Heaven. I just can't believe anyone can be an atheist. The earth didn't just appear. Man and everything else on this earth didn't just happen. Everything had to be created. There's a choice between Heaven and Hell. Why take a chance on going to Hell? Hell was created for the devil and his angels. God doesn't send man or woman to hell. They send themselves there by rejecting the One who created them. I can't imagine being in the lake of fire for eternity, never being able to get out. It's forever and forever and forever. I hope I haven't upset anyone with this. It's what I truly believe because I believe what the Bible says about salvation. Sixpack has it right on.

Amen to everything you have said sixpack. Although I ride a ZX-14R, I look at this forum almost everyday, like I had said in a post a few months ago. You guys all seem to be really close and I respect you for that.
I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior on November 18, 1984. I asked God to forgive my sins and Jesus to come into my life. My heart changed right there. I had such a warm feeling inside and I know for a fact it was the Holy Spirit changing me. I know when I die I'm going to Heaven. I just can't believe anyone can be an atheist. The earth didn't just appear. Man and everything else on this earth didn't just happen. Everything had to be created. There's a choice between Heaven and Hell. Why take a chance on going to Hell? Hell was created for the devil and his angels. God doesn't send man or woman to hell. They send themselves there by rejecting the One who created them. I can't imagine being in the lake of fire for eternity, never being able to get out. It's forever and forever and forever. I hope I haven't upset anyone with this. It's what I truly believe because I believe what the Bible says about salvation. Sixpack has it right on.
Hi. Well I do not, but I do believe in his way! That makes it hard to live with things I had to do. Before I got some help I lived in the woods for a few years in a tent, when it was nice I did not use the tent. I still live it every day. They can not help me with that.

Back