fearing death = fearing life

i dont beleave in god or all that church bible crap. i dont fear death because if it happens it happens. i just want to live as long as i can. i no its going happen and i live like its the last day here because you never no.ive dealt with too many deaths friends and family.it sucks but you deal with it. everyone deals with it differant.just my opinion.
First, learn to spell. Second, just beacuse you don't believe in something doen't mean it's crap. Watch your mouth.
TO ME ITS CRAP I DONT GIVE 2 $HITS ABOUT WHAT IT MEANS TO YOU.WATCH MY MOUTH
jump9.gif
WHY.WHO ARE YOU A F-ING NOBODY.  IF YOUR DUMB A$$ COULD READ HE SAID HE WANTED FEEDBACK THATS ALL A GAVE.THAT MY OPINION NOT YOURS.SO SHUT UP.
It's not your beliefs, which you don't even have an explanation or reasoning for, it's the way you express them. You have no reason for using that type of language when refering to someone else's beliefs. It shows me your lack of intelligence which , seeing some of your other posts is not suprising, and is rude. You are new here, but you will learn to watch what you post up, or I suspect your stay here will be short........

Great topic WWJD, I have been dealing with this topic for the last few weeks. I am not scared of dieing because I know where I will be. I have two boys, 4 and 1 and love them dearly. I never really knew what it meant to love someone unconditionally, until I had them. My fear was just dying and not getting to be with them while they are here. I have had a couple of people that I know have accidents on their bikes within the last few weeks, 1 has passed away and another is in bad shape and do not know how their spine will be. I had been thinking about selling the busa and playing it safe. I went out last saturday and road all day with a couple of my friends and I realized I love to ride, not as much as I love my boys but I love to ride and always have ever since I was a little boy. This is something that God put in me and I do love it. I have come to realize that I do need to be careful and use my head while I am riding but ultimatly it is all in His hands and nothing I can do will change this. It all goes back to what someone else said about people being in a different place intheir walk with God, well I just took another step in the faith area when I came to the conclusion that God knows whats going to happen and when and His plan is bigger and better than mine. I am also not trying to get "religous" with anyone as anybody who has met me in person knows I am down to earth and do not think I am better than anyone else nor do I fling religion in anyones face, but if you ask I will tell you what I believe and you can tell me what you believe and if you want to talk about the differences thats great I would love to, I have made some good friends that way that still believe what they believe. I do think the same as WWJD do not look to a person for an example because they will eventually let you down, but look to God he won't let you down.

"there is none righteous, no not one."

good post WWJD, and good to see some other  points of view from everyone else.
So sorry to hear about you losing a friend...

What you're wrestling with when it comes to kids/family/riding is what I'm going through as well...coming in on Tuesday after the holiday weekend to hear about a fellow Busa ride (Paul aka UUBusa) and a friend's boyfriend being airlifted to a nearby hospital from Road Atlanta on Saturday had me thinking about this too...two very skilled and advanced riders down in the blink of an eye...sometimes I think it's only a matter of time
sad.gif

But, like you, I go out and after a day of riding I'm just so elated to be a part of the sport...it's a tough spot; one that I think many grapple with...

Sounds like you're very grounded...you know your path...I think that's a great thing...
smile.gif
I figured I wasn't the only one wrestling with this feeling, good to be able to talk about it with some fellow riders, friends. Sorry to hear about your friend , hopefully she is Ok. I heard about UUbusa, That happened just down the road from me. Hopefully I will get to join you guys on one of your next VA rides.

My Mom, newly widowed, is going in to her ultra-save mode...I can tell she's worried about her future, but I still say have fun while you can...and in all honesty, I know that my hubby and I can always help if things get tough, though I know parents don't like depending on kids for those types of things...
yeah, saving for what? more drugs to keep you alive, living longer yet miserably? ya - GET OUT AND SPEND SOME OF THAT, FOLKS.

I hear ya on the folks thing. I'll take care of them too. This ride has some selfish fun in it but it is not all abotu me me me. Life is SHARING life with others: time, conversation, caring, not just doing everything for yourself. I KNOW I will die someday, I KNOW I will give up my keys when I become one those old people that should, I KNOW I will be too feeble to take care of myself...

It's ALLLLLL part of the ride of life
smile.gif

I was raised from birth in a right-wing cult religion.  Staying in that religion made me fear death and fear life even more.  It was a huge relief to get out of it and realize that dismissing belief in god and an afterlife was more liberating than any other action I've taken to date.
That's a muther and I'm sorry to hear that.  Unfortunately there are many who have turned their back on "religion" for that very reason.  Many operate witch craft and cults right in the friggin pull pits.  Ultimately they will be held accountable.

As for your family the bible says "judge not lest ye be judged".  They're no cleaner than you walking around with the very attitude the bible speaks against.  

I can't stand to see people who are so heavenly minded, they're no earthly good!!

I pray you find your way back to Christ, not "religion".  There is a peace and comfort like nothing I've ever known.  

God bless you wag,
BD
Dawg,

the world would be a lot better place if folks put in  practice your words. Regardless of one's religion/beliefs, one would find it hard to find fault in your words-- they represent the good in all of us.
Amen brotha!

We are all in a different place in our walk with the Lord. Better stated, we are all in a different stage of growth toward being Christ-Like.
Very well spoken. There is a fine line between a Christian realizing that statement and being "judgemental". I agree totally, but most importantly I'm glad you've come back home bro. Don't beat yourself up either man we all fall short of the glory of God and make mistakes. I fight everyday that I might not say or act in a manner that discredits my testimony and my God. That's what the advisary wants to do, make you look like a fool and say to God, "see I told you they weren't worth it".

Remember the words of Donnie McClurkin in "We Fall Down".
"A saint is just a sinner who fell down, and got back up". Awesome words man meaning we're always in struggle to become more Christ-like meaning we'll make mistakes along the way. God is looking at our hearts however and His grace and mercy is sufficient!

i no its going happen and i live like its the last day here because you never no.
If I may say to you ZX, each day IS your last day in a way since tomorrow is never guaranteed - as you said, you never know...

So let me ask you, since you don't believe in God, what do you suppose death will bring - and why?
I THINK ONCE YOUR DEAD YOUR DEAD.THATS JUST WHAT I THINK. IM NOT TRING THE START NOTHING  ITS JUST HOW I FEEL. I HAVE LOST TO MANY PEOPLE IN MY LIFE THAT DEATH DOES NOT AFFECT ME ANYMORE.IM NOT SAYING ITS NOT SAD BUT I JUST GOT USE TO IT.DONT GET MAD AT ME JUST BECAUSE A BELIEVE SOMETHING.HE SAID HE WANTED FEEDBACK THAT ALL I DID.
I can feel the pain in your thread zx and I respect your response.  I pray you eventually allow God to break down those barriers so you can truely grieve and be comforted in your spirit.  No flame intended bro, I just feel the tension in your post and the pain you've suffered.  Hang in there bro, there is an accountable end.

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120894697 -->

My rightousness is like filthy rags. Do I fear death? nawh, to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

No man has seen nor no man can conceive what awaits you.

The only thing I do know is I will never be or do enough good to earn my way to heaven, for their are none rightious, no NOT one. Quote from JC
wink.gif
preach brotha preach!!!!

I believe in Relationship not Religion.
You said a mouthful there creek! I'm convinced God is tired of seeing his people "play church" or do "church as usual". I'm also convinced that when (not if) judgement comes, we'll be surprised at some turned away because of status or title and also at those who pass through the gate. Remember man looks at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart. We're so visually stimulated we place success (even in our relationship with Christ) on what we can see (no faith there either). Right on the money!

I've been needing to talk about this.  I can't figure out what to do.  My little girl would make it without me, yes, but should her father be risking his life on high performance motorcycles?   Somehow, for her sake, it seems like I'm being selfish doing what I do -- given that I'm taking such profound risks.  Although I do love motorcycling to the core.  Because I love motorcycling so much, it rips me up inside to spend so much time on my bike.  I go to church every Sunday but no answers yet to this split I've got.   Trust that I'm doing God's plan?  Or bring pure statistics to the forefront and acknowledge that my child needs me more than I need my life or death thrills on an amazing Hayabusa?

I've been needing to talk about this.  I can't figure out what to do.  My little girl would make it without me, yes, but should her father be risking his life on high performance motorcycles?   Somehow, for her sake, it seems like I'm being selfish doing what I do -- given that I'm taking such profound risks.  Although I do love motorcycling to the core.  Because I love motorcycling so much, it rips me up inside to spend so much time on my bike.  I go to church every Sunday but no answers yet to this split I've got.   Trust that I'm doing God's plan?  Or bring pure statistics to the forefront and acknowledge that my child needs me more than I need my life or death thrills on an amazing Hayabusa?
With two boys myself, I felt the same as you. I arrived at the conclusion that in order to be the kind of parent I want to be, I need to find happiness. Riding is one of the things that I do to blow off steam, enjoy myself and relax. This in turn enables me to be a better parent, I think. I realize that sacrifice is an important part of being a parent, but to totally give up all that you enjoy makes one bitter and resentful. That is not the type of environment that promotes a healthy upbringing, IMO.

All this talk again about beliefs, as I said in another thread, "It doesn't matter what you believe, there either is life after death or there isn't, it is up to you to examine the evidence and make a decision based on that evidence." Ignoring the evidence will get you nowhere.

Kevin

i no its going happen and i live like its the last day here because you never no.
If I may say to you ZX, each day IS your last day in a way since tomorrow is never guaranteed - as you said, you never know...

So let me ask you, since you don't believe in God, what do you suppose death will bring - and why?
I THINK ONCE YOUR DEAD YOUR DEAD.THATS JUST WHAT I THINK.
ZX, help me out here because I can't understand that opinion.

Let's assume for sake of argument that we're all just nothing but a random occurrence someplace in an infinite set of time. Some cells sprang into existence and grouped together to form something which evolved into something else which evolved into something else, etc., etc., from which we came to be. Okay. Ignoring for the time being the devastatingly impossible odds of life springing into existence from the primordial ooze in the first place, ignoring for the time being the hanging question of why it sprang into being as it supposedly did and not as, oh I don't know, a pomegranate, and adding to this the hanging question of why there are us and pomegranates, ignoring for the time being the blank expressions and science fiction filling the place of an explanation as to the ultimate origin of the 'stuff' from which the primordial ooze supposedly came, why do you suppose that the essence of what makes you you - your soul; something that science can't to this day explain - would just simply cease to exist?

Your body will cease to exist, that's easy, but your soul??

Just wondering how you came to that conclusion...

All this talk again about beliefs, as I said in another thread, "It doesn't matter what you believe, there either is life after death or there isn't, it is up to you to examine the evidence and make a decision based on that evidence." Ignoring the evidence will get you nowhere.

Kevin
And if you choose not to decide you still have made a choice...

As the song goes.

Life is SHARING life with others:  time, conversation, caring, not just doing everything for yourself.  I KNOW I will die someday, I KNOW I will give up my keys when I become one those old people that should, I KNOW I will be too feeble to take care of myself...

It's  ALLLLLL part of the ride of life  
smile.gif
Amen - It isn't about how much you can stock up for you, or your kids. Life is about interaction - about relationship. We've all been given one bag of time.

It's how you spend the time you're given...

With two boys myself, I felt the same as you. I arrived at the conclusion that in order to be the kind of parent I want to be, I need to find happiness. Riding is one of the things that I do to blow off steam, enjoy myself and relax. This in turn enables me to be a better parent, I think. I realize that sacrifice is an important part of being a parent, but to totally give up all that you enjoy makes one bitter and resentful. That is not the type of environment that promotes a healthy upbringing, IMO.
04busa I'm feelin ya. I wonder about that no wanting to leave my son wondering what it means to have a father. Mr. Brown said it best, riding is therapy for me. Give that up and you may find you're less tolerable even to your kids.

I would say however, I don't temp fate. Do I cut up a bit, ooooohhhhhhh yeah it's kinda hard not to with so much pure unadulterated smooth as silk acceleration between my legs. I do however limit the high end runs and other high risk activities to their optimal environments. I know this no guarantee, but there never is. I say continue to ride, but ride safely.

Wow what a post, I love it, drama, tension,highs and lows,better than a 7$ movie ticket, so enternaining and thought provoking.... but in the end there is only one end and that is to die. do I welcome it ? no. do I fear it Idon't think so but to entertain the thought of my kids growing up without a parent(my wife rides as well) is disheartening,will I give up riding?...never.Will my children understand if I leave them?I doubt it, but the one thing that gets me is ALL THE DAMN TECHNOLOGY THAT I"M GONNA MISS, we are on the threshold of some serious shid, and I fear I'm gonna miss it,(but my offspring should see it) Darn it all. Will god save me from the pit of Hell or is there just nothing as it was before I was born? Don't know that either,all I do know for sure is that riding my 'busa is pure bliss and that not even death can take that from me.

I can't remember where this quote came from, a movie or something, but "If you ain't livin', you're too busy dying!"
biggrin.gif

Back