Something happened while on the Dyno.. anyone able to help

So bike got compression test done and #1 cylinder wasnt holding compression.. timing chain and tensioner all good and cams were all good, head coming off as we speak to look a bit deeper.. bike has 2 intake cams and adjustable cam gears.. really hoping no serious damage has occured..

So bike got compression test done and #1 cylinder wasnt holding compression.. timing chain and tensioner all good and cams were all good, head coming off as we speak to look a bit deeper.. bike has 2 intake cams and adjustable cam gears.. really hoping no serious damage has occured..

Well, at least the engine isn't seized, but unfortunately, low/no compression is serious enough in terms of money.
Hopefully it's just in the head, and that the block, pistons and crank are ok.
That will at least save alot of time and money.
Good luck

Check to make sure the cams themselves did not move within the slots of the cam sprockets . . .

this would be a great time to go TURBO... its apart... just sayin... :firing:

It's real strange what happened im eager to find out what has happened and why... when you guys dyno your busa's what rpm do you normally take it too.?

It's real strange what happened im eager to find out what has happened and why... when you guys dyno your busa's what rpm do you normally take it too.?

Either the stock or modified rev limiter . . . normally in fifth gear. Of course, once you see the hp curve and where it drops off (on a stock Busa, this is usually around 10K), you don't deliberately run it into the limiter on purpose, nothing to be gained. Why anyone on any dyno would take a Busa up to 11K in third gear is beyond me . . .

Before taking the head off do a leak down test. That will tell you if it's the head or piston rings. Hope it's nothing major. Last year my bike needed a valve job after 200 miles from the last valve job. Do to the valves being bad and beating the seat. Causing the valve to stay up a hair and leak compression. So leak down test can save you money to pin point the problem.

Appreciate all the replies guys the head had already been started to come off so we will just dig till we find the problem, we are guessing it is a valve so hopefully by tomorrow i will have answers

Ok guys so here it is after taking off the head and rotating the motor pistons 2,3,4 went up and down 1 was stuck down and once removed the culprit was confirmed..... a broken rod!!!

20190310_194127.jpg

20190310_194049.jpg

20190310_194250.jpg

Plans? Gonna go big bore? Turbo? Or a repair? I wonder if it would be cheaper to have someone repair that one or buy a whole different engine and drop it in?

Plans? Gonna go big bore? Turbo? Or a repair? I wonder if it would be cheaper to have someone repair that one or buy a whole different engine and drop it in?
Ive been told other than the cylinder section the rest appears in good nic... i am comparing all options, i am aiming for a stronger and better bike im not after big power but do want something faster i am exploring the stroker option but will go with watever i feel better value for money

Back