Clutch problems after dyno

FireMedic

Registered
Brought my gen 1 to dyno today for tune after having some upgrades: tranny undercut, headwork, cams, clutch mod, direct port nitrous kit, 13:1 compression, and a few other things I'm not thinking of.

Tuner got motor mapped out and everything's good. The first nitrous run on dyno was at 30% and I was short. The 2nd pull at 100% seemed fine but tuner shut down bike and said my clutch wasn't holding up at 100% and that I needed some heavier springs.

I rode the bike home and everything felt great until I noticed in 6th gear the rpms seemed to climb faster then the bike. Tried hard accel in 5th and 4th and same thing.

Called builder and was told that's not uncommon to burn up clutch fibers on dyno. He said try throwing some new fibers in and either 3/3 heavy duty springs or even put some washers on stock springs.

My questions:
Does this sound accurate?
Would washers work or just order Hd springs?
3/3 stock/HD springs need to have slave support?

Seeing as your clutch slipped on the dyno,and is doing it regularly on the street you need to replace the entire clutch asap. Also dump the oil,change the filter and drop the pan and have a look at your oil pickup and clean the screen.

You can get away with half OEM and half HD springs,but if its starts to slip when you spray youre gonna need all HD springs and then a slave-support(and if thats not enough to keep it from slipping,a simple centrifugal lock-up). What kind of power are you putting down?

Seeing as your clutch slipped on the dyno,and is doing it regularly on the street you need to replace the entire clutch asap. Also dump the oil,change the filter and drop the pan and have a look at your oil pickup and clean the screen.

You can get away with half OEM and half HD springs,but if its starts to slip when you spray youre gonna need all HD springs and then a slave-support(and if thats not enough to keep it from slipping,a simple centrifugal lock-up). What kind of power are you putting down?

Like he said,, the Oem Kit clutches are cheep now!

Hit 213hp on motor and 262hp on spraying (Pump Gas). Bike left builder and went straight to dyno. Left dyno and went straight home about 12 miles so not sure about regularly or to what extent. So pretty much change oil, filter and drop pan to check screen? Go back with OEM clutch kit and try 3/3 first?

New Oem clutch
At least Barrnett spring, or heavy duty, and use 3
All should be good

Back