Bike cuts off and on while riding.... HELP

D.Hughes

Registered
Quick bike info....
05 Busa
Two Brothers Slip on

While riding home... doing about 80 mph.... my bike just shut off like I hit the kill switch, then the bike fires back up like nothing happened. Tach drops to Zero, everything else works fine. and no FI light. About a half mile down the rode it does it again, this time I get the Hurky Jerky like I am bull riding, then it snaps back to life like nothing happened. This seems to happen when I am just riding steady, its happened in 4th 5th and 6th gear. Ideals just fine and doesn't stall when stopped. Its very sporadic and is not at any given RPM or speed.

Things I have checked.
1. Kick stand switch... appears to all good... I also started kicking the stand while I was riding to make sure it was up and it was.
2. I don't thing its the fuel pump as I just replaced it last year and have experienced a malfunctioning fuel pump, and there is no loss of power at any time other than when this happens.

Any help or questions would be great.

Chech battery terminals security, check all fuses for proper tension on connectors, check for corrosion on fuses, check for any add on type kill switch, if so, remove it and solder repair any butchered wiring.
Also check engine stop switch on right side switch block, visually examine inside switch block, also check key ignition switch terminals etc.
That should keep ya busy for a bit lol

Chech battery terminals security, check all fuses for proper tension on connectors, check for corrosion on fuses, check for any add on type kill switch, if so, remove it and solder repair any butchered wiring.
Also check engine stop switch on right side switch block, visually examine inside switch block, also check key ignition switch terminals etc.
That should keep ya busy for a bit lol

Back