Something happened while on the Dyno.. anyone able to help

Ive been told other than the cylinder section the rest appears in good nic... i am comparing all options, i am aiming for a stronger and better bike im not after big power but do want something faster i am exploring the stroker option but will go with watever i feel better value for money
Ouch, that sucks the connecting rod snapped like that, I'd say it wasn't the first time for that engine to be over-revved.

You might as well do what your pocket book can afford and get it back on the road.

Sad thing to see.:confused:
Ive never taken it over 9200 which is what the shift light is set at... could that be a contributing factor that its not been pushed that hard before..??

Would love to here any suggestions yous might have, in terms of building a powerful yet strong and reliable motor.. thanks for your support also

Ive never taken it over 9200 which is what the shift light is set at... could that be a contributing factor that its not been pushed that hard before..??

I wonder how common it is to have a connecting rod break like that?

You have great restraint to own that bike from new and never top it out....I haven't topped mine out either and don't plan to any time soon.

At least you now know what's wrong with it and it's repairable?

Would love to here any suggestions yous might have, in terms of building a powerful yet strong and reliable motor.. thanks for your support also

The stock rods are more than strong enough to take the power you are making. Watching the video it looks like it snapped when he put it in gear?? Is that correct? A faulty rod? or something else weird i don't know. But now that the motor is apart do a full rebuild with new oil pump, timing chain, RODS, bearings, etc... Best of luck!

That Sucks man..I Had a finger off of a stock clutch basket snap off and drop into the crankcase on my FZR 1OOOF, Took the WHOLE Motor Out! I was riding it at the time. Did a 1040 Big Bore Kit and dropped a tooth up front, HOLY SH*T!, IT WAS A DIFFERENT BIKE!

I would big bore it. Havbe head done etc if money isnt really an object...If it is, i would still bog bore it and do heads etc :) I know im k=not very helpful. Im trying to live through you lol

What is needed and required to build a 1441 ive seen a few that are impressive
You'll get a billion opinions on this, so brace yourself. A 1441 is a gen 2 crank on a 1397 bore. Compression, cams, headwork, rods etc. are all variables. Your budget and intended purpose are the factors which determine which of the various choices will be best.

You'll get a billion opinions on this, so brace yourself. A 1441 is a gen 2 crank on a 1397 bore. Compression, cams, headwork, rods etc. are all variables. Your budget and intended purpose are the factors which determine which of the various choices will be best.
I just want something strong and can do the job when givin to it, maybe a spray down the track but Cost isnt a big deal though the minimum is always expected for whatever application... its not intended to be a dyno king or burnout king

Not quite since new.. ive had it for about 8years but was rebuilt by the previous owner 10000km b4 i took it under my wing
Maybe something wasn’t done right on the rebuild(?) is that 10k kms total on the rebuild or PO rebuilt it and rode it 10k Kms before you bought it?

Maybe something wasn’t done right on the rebuild(?) is that 10k kms total on the rebuild or PO rebuilt it and rode it 10k Kms before you bought it?

10k km after rebuild i bought it and ive done about 10k if that.. bike has done 95k km, rods were still stock

Back