Climate change, true or false

WHat is your opinion about humans affecting the climate

• I am concerned about it

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • I think it is a hoax

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • I am indecisive, don't know

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I think the world should intervene urgently and not spoil the planet for our grand children

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Economics are more important than climate control, don't worry about this it is insignificant.

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
In the 70's the same folks were spouting about going into an ICE AGE OMG!!!!
Now for the carbon tax scheme it was "global warming" turned "climate change" what a crock. Simply another income distribution racket.
If the planet were to die unless we can warm it up 5 degrees in five years what would we little piss-ants do to achieve that??? Quick make a plan! In the late 70's they spread ash in the mountain tops and glaciers (I remember this crap well) to absorb sun energy to warm things up. Didn't do s*$t then wouldn't now.
Subject two: Yes we trash things up but the US has cleaned up way more than any other country on the list of "offenders". We went form like 3rd to 16th. and isn't it funny how in the plans like the Paris Accord the worst offenders (#1 China) aren't even expected to chip in to help.
So warming bah humbug a crock...
Whales etc. dying with plastic trash bags chocked up in their gut? Shame on all of us.

Some countries are getting a lot closer to a clean environment with a totally different lifestyle and no economic impact. Three years ago I did a six month assignment in Lubeck, Northern Germany. Sixty five percent of the population did not own cars. There are shopping stores everywhere, meaning anything one needs to purchase was within walking distance. Homes have tiny refrigerators, there is no need to store much, with a convenience store around the block. There are bicycles everywhere.

Any significant travel is by train, with a 10 minute walk to the nearest station.

A lot of my colleagues, (Germans) use to complement the US, a country of opportunity, but they hated the fact that one needs a car to go almost anywhere.

I guess one can do that in NYC as well, but Lubeck is a tiny little town in comparison.
Part of the difference is physical size, the US is spread out because it can be. Part of it is the cultural values of individualism and conspicuous consumption. Part of it is being manipulated by entities with vested interests, which may or may not coincide with responsible stewardship.
There is no timely, reliable mass transit option for my daily commute, and I drive 85 miles per day. My family could reduce our carbon footprint, but not without significant inconvenience. Electric vehicles aren't the solution at this point, fossil fuels still power the grid from which they draw their power. Battery storage hasn't yet made the technical leap needed to provide a convenient, viable alternative, but I suspect that won't be too far along.
I'm not sure what to do about it on a personal level, but we're going to have to do something methinks.....

With regards to the 1,000,000 metaphor. You owe the money. But you also owe the interest. The problem is more a matter of accelerating deterioration if we don't do something

Singular or Multiverse ?

Multiverse.jpg

Expanding or Circling the Drain ?

big bang or black hole.jpg

Evolution or Divine Creation ?

evo or god.jpg

Round or Flat ?

round or flat.jpg

Discovering or Being Watched ?

detecting or being watched.jpg

Nature vs Nurture ?

nature or nurture.jpg

Global Warming or Climate Change ?

Global Warming vs Climate Change.png

Your reality is what you decide !!

I have lived in the very same town I was born in for over 65 years. I now live less than two miles from the house I grew up in When I was younger there were winters where we could drive our snowmobile on our snow covered chip and tar road. More than once a winter. Now no one owns a snowmobile for at least two hours due north from here. I can not speak to the science because I do not know enough. All I can say is where we use to have a steady predictable climate. Now we have weather. Unpredictable occasionally violent weather. And as any oldtimer will tell you. Winters here are not what they use to be.

Part of the difference is physical size, the US is spread out because it can be. Part of it is the cultural values of individualism and conspicuous consumption. Part of it is being manipulated by entities with vested interests, which may or may not coincide with responsible stewardship.
There is no timely, reliable mass transit option for my daily commute, and I drive 85 miles per day. My family could reduce our carbon footprint, but not without significant inconvenience. Electric vehicles aren't the solution at this point, fossil fuels still power the grid from which they draw their power. Battery storage hasn't yet made the technical leap needed to provide a convenient, viable alternative, but I suspect that won't be too far along.
I'm not sure what to do about it on a personal level, but we're going to have to do something methinks.....
One volcano firing off spews more co2 into the air than all our cars do in 40+ years and there are a bunch of active ones right now. You and a million others don't add much. the real polluters are coal power plants and such and the US has cleaned that up a LOT but it seems funny that the ones ACTING like they are fighting for the planet are the ones killing nukes and forcing coal to be burned more. Seems like they are just throwing a monkey wrench into the works to muck up the whole system.
Yes small things add up but its wasted efforts when big things are cancelling them out.

One volcano firing off spews more co2 into the air than all our cars do in 40+ years and there are a bunch of active ones right now. You and a million others don't add much. the real polluters are coal power plants and such and the US has cleaned that up a LOT but it seems funny that the ones ACTING like they are fighting for the planet are the ones killing nukes and forcing coal to be burned more. Seems like they are just throwing a monkey wrench into the works to muck up the whole system.
Yes small things add up but its wasted efforts when big things are cancelling them out.
I'm always open to a better way of doing things, doing nothing doesn't strike me as a better way. I'm just not sure how I can do things in a better way.

Listen carefully to the climate change alarmists and it becomes clear the change they want in the environment is for humans not to exist. Make no mistake they’ll carve out exceptions for themselves as the rightful and proper stewards but everyone else should rejoin the Stone Age until their demise is secured on behalf of a planet that could simply shrug if it wanted too and sometimes does. Global cooling, I mean warming, I mean change is the biggest scam going. Get your carbon credits, get your carbon credits here!

Listen carefully to the climate change alarmists and it becomes clear the change they want in the environment is for humans not to exist. Make no mistake they’ll carve out exceptions for themselves as the rightful and proper stewards but everyone else should rejoin the Stone Age until their demise is secured on behalf of a planet that could simply shrug if it wanted too and sometimes does. Global cooling, I mean warming, I mean change is the biggest scam going. Get your carbon credits, get your carbon credits here!
The ruling elite have already declared exactly what their agenda is . .
look at the Georgia Guidestones . . .
Here is one of the objectives of the High Free Masons that erected the Guide Stones . .
"Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature. Rule passion – faith – tradition – and all things with tempered reason. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court."
The whole agenda is listed right there on the Stones

I'm always open to a better way of doing things, doing nothing doesn't strike me as a better way. I'm just not sure how I can do things in a better way.
One way to be better is to consume less resources.
Stay away from shopping malls is a good start!
People go shopping and buy stuff they don't NEED, impulsively, just for entertainment! Insane.

I have lived in the very same town I was born in for over 65 years. I now live less than two miles from the house I grew up in When I was younger there were winters where we could drive our snowmobile on our snow covered chip and tar road. More than once a winter. Now no one owns a snowmobile for at least two hours due north from here. I can not speak to the science because I do not know enough. All I can say is where we use to have a steady predictable climate. Now we have weather. Unpredictable occasionally violent weather. And as any oldtimer will tell you. Winters here are not what they use to be.

That just about says it all.
It's the same story here. We used to know when summer was. And when winter was at it's meanest. Now it's a moving target. In 30 years it's changed so much here. The climate is definitely changing. Why is it changing? I don't know . But it's changing and thats the scary bit... the unknown

Yes, the climate changes, that is the nature of this world circling a Sun in an eliptical orbit and influenced by the Sun, AND influenced by objects, large objects coming into our Solar System on long eliptical orbits thousands of years in the making.
I do not believe the scam of 'man induced/created climate change'.
That is brought down upon us by the ruling elite of this world. To enact THEIR long term agenda and to benefit THEM, not us, the cattle class.
Amen Kiwi, there are certain variables which are not mentioned, like how quickly C02 particles are actually dissolved and so forth.......the fact that there are x amount of Nuclear tests being conducted yearly which that create up to ten times more damage than any exhaust fuels on the planet...... but I suppose we would be entering the realms of conspiracy theorists.

That just about says it all.
It's the same story here. We used to know when summer was. And when winter was at it's meanest. Now it's a moving target. In 30 years it's changed so much here. The climate is definitely changing. Why is it changing? I don't know . But it's changing and thats the scary bit... the unknown

I have noticed around here at least, we get snow in November and it gets nicer in March same as it always has since I can remember.

I recall as a kid at Christmas getting a toboggan and not being able to use it due to the rain and lack of snow, other Christmases we would get huge snow storms...

Weather has been up and down since recorded history and I figure that won't change any time soon. Studies have shown significant weather events have been occurring long before humans have been able to influence it.

Pollution is an issue though, one I really think we need to sort out and soon. Last night on TV I saw a group has started a global clean up and so far has removed 1 million tons of trash from coast lines around the world and they said this is only a tiny fraction of what is out there.

A little of a side shoot to this topic but I'll note it anyway. I work with one Professor in particular that is almost distraught with the prospect of global warming and preaches about the need for policies that will curb CO2 output. Interesting thing is he owns 3 houses and visits 2 to 3 continents every year. Funny how that works.

That pretty much mirrors the rise in temp on Mars. Funny how the sun does that in cycles.
Also interesting it has been proven the co2 levels rise AFTER a warming cycle, so of coarse it doesn't CAUSE the warming cycle.

Dougyp33. Yeah we have David Suzuki. Same deal. He and his daughter go all over the world by jet telling the rest of us to stop polluting. I may not be carbon neutral but I'm sure I polute a bit less than a jet aircraft.
I don't pretend to know the for sure cause of the climate issues. Or the solution. Just pointing out the steady climb in one particular spot over 60+years. If I live long enough the reverse may happen. But I doubt it will be in my current life expectancy. That's all I'm saying

... conspiracy theorists ...

Why do some find it hard to believe wealthy companies and bank plan together to protect their interests ?

These wealthy companies and bankers are legally allowed to make monetary contributions to politicians. The politicians form bills, laws and treaties which directly benefit these companies and bankers.

Were the "founding fathers" of the US not businessmen who banded together to conspire ? They wanted to keep more profits from their companies by not paying a tax to England.

Scientists get grants from companies to collect and publish data. Scientist publish data which support the interest of the companies that fund the data collection.

Get this one. It's illegal for a doctor to treat a cancer patient with only proven dietary methods. Doctors MUST prescribe either surgery, radiation or chemotherapy as planned "treatment" for a cancer patient.

Companies, bankers and politicians do conspire to protect their best interest.

Back