New Job @ Suzuki BMW Motorcycle Dealership!!

No-one in Australia scuffs tires in for customers !! They do say be careful and especially give advice to squids about going easy , but I don't think riding customers bikes would be good for insurance reasons .
that's what I was thinkin.. I think the tech just wanted to ride the bike... I didn't want any catastrophes though... politely declined.

I was told scuffing is a myth. Tire manufacturers use release agents that don't linger on the tire so no need to scuff. It's still a good Idea to take it easy on a new tire but scuffing is not needed. Anyone else heard or can confirm this?

I was told scuffing is a myth. Tire manufacturers use release agents that don't linger on the tire so no need to scuff. It's still a good Idea to take it easy on a new tire but scuffing is not needed. Anyone else heard or can confirm this?
are condoms the same way... do they use release agents?

There are no release agents on tires . I am not going to go into the ridiculous explanation , but here is a simple copy / paste . No need to scuff its just heat needed from riding .

Proper motorcycle tire break-in is often overlooked and is a cause of many expensive and preventable wrecks. The various chemicals and oils in rubber compounds seep to the surface of tires making them slick until they're warmed up and released.May 4, 2018

There are no release agents on tires . I am not going to go into the ridiculous explanation , but here is a simple copy / paste . No need to scuff its just heat needed from riding .

Proper motorcycle tire break-in is often overlooked and is a cause of many expensive and preventable wrecks. The various chemicals and oils in rubber compounds seep to the surface of tires making them slick until they're warmed up and released.May 4, 2018
man that arch can really hijack a thread with wrong information cant he?:lol:

No, everyone complained he was charging too much so they thought a little competition would rein him in lol
u guys are lucky that kiwi has an great sense of humor (insinuating his country only has one bike mechanic)... u wouldn't like it if he said florida was the butthole of America.... rofl...

u guys are lucky that kiwi has an great sense of humor (insinuating his country only has one bike mechanic)... u wouldn't like it if he said florida was the butthole of America.... rofl...
but . . . that is common knowledge down under . . .
Seriously guys, I wake from an awesome sleep, and I find my thread,, that's OK Ali . . totally hijacked, anyway, getting back to the tyre scuff in BS, never. EVER. That is totally up to the pilot of the bike.
It is standard industry practice to advise the customer of the need to be careful on new tyres, but really . . . they are all big grown adults and should know already.

No, everyone complained he was charging too much so they thought a little competition would rein him in lol
Thanks man, great reason you dreamed up there, that's also insinuating there is now only two mechanics in this little tin-pot country I live in.
Me and the other one that charges too much.
Well the truth is . . . . Kiwis have been sooooo deprived of any decent tools, equipment, mechanical engineering know-how for so long that we just had to make it up as we went along.
Thus we have the "good old Kiwi number 8 wire mentality", to make do with what we have. . . which incidentally was F**k all.
Kiwi ingenuity is well known around the Globe (that's providing it is a Globe, and not a flat-earth) and we actually have more mechanics/engineers here per capita than than the United Slaves of America has.
Hope you all enjoyed my rant . . signing off, Kiwi. :rolleyes:

Back