New Job @ Suzuki BMW Motorcycle Dealership!!

I would have loved too ride it hard, but two problems . . .
1) Customer's bike
2) It was wet yesterday, light rain and wet road, darnit!

You know, it's been 9 years since I had a GSXR1000 and the seating position on that Beemer reminded me why I sold the Gixxer and bought a SuperMoto KTM lol.
Race bikes are a young man's game. :rolleyes:
Yes , realize it isn't yours to actually ride to test ... so to speak !! Those quick shifters are brilliant , you would love one fitted to your thing I bet , man I just love mine , so civilized !!

Well, today was pretty cool!
I had to service a '15 L5 Busa, just sold today, it was sold on behalf of a guy that has two brain tumours, poor bugger.
Beautiful bike with a few extras too . . .
18,000kms on the clock and dynoed at 172RWHP, PCV. full Yoshi system, K&N filter,
I spent 3.5 hours on it doin' all the fluids and suspension setup.
Set the sag front and rear and the comp. and rebound front and rear for the new owner.
Took it for a test ride and wow.... I want one!!
Wheelies on demand 1st and 2nd gear, awesome bark from the Yoshi can, and handled almost as nice as my Busa lol.
The gearbox was very nice, smooth quiet changes, my '99 is a bit clunky in the lower gears .
It sold for $15K, outta my price range at present, maybe next year . . :confused:
Oh, and it was 28degC today, rode my bike to work and back, beautiful warm weather with wispy light winds . . . aaaahh . . summer . . . . :thumbsup::p:moon:

IMG_2452.JPG

IMG_2453.JPG

IMG_2457.JPG

Last edited:
Well, today was pretty cool!
I had to service a '15 L5 Busa, just sold today, it was sold on behalf of a guy that has two brain tumours, poor bugger.
Beautiful bike with a few extras too . . .
18,000kms on the clock and dynoed at 172RWHP, PCV. full Yoshi system, K&N filter,
I spent 3.5 hours on it doin' all the fluids and suspension setup.
Set the sag front and rear and the comp. and rebound front and rear for the new owner.
Took it for a test ride and wow.... I want one!!
Wheelies on demand 1st and 2nd gear, awesome bark from the Yoshi can, and handled almost as nice as my Busa lol.
The gearbox was very nice, smooth quiet changes, my '99 is a bit clunky in the lower gears .
It sold for $15K, outta my price range at present, maybe next year . . :confused:
Oh, and it was 28degC today, rode my bike to work and back, beautiful warm weather with wispy light winds . . . aaaahh . . summer . . . . :thumbsup::p:moon:

View attachment 1590117

View attachment 1590118

View attachment 1590119
Looks brand new....too bad about the owner, hope he ends up OK.

Not that it really matters much , but the rear axle is in backwards . 172 Hp is that Factory pro dyno ? Thats a stock # I know Factory pro read less compared to a dynojet . I would expect mid 180's with PCV since there is a map for that system / bike that will be real close .

Not that it really matters much ,
but the rear axle is in backwards .

172 Horsepower is that Factory pro dyno ?

That is a stock # I know
Factory pro read less
compared to a dynojet .

I would expect mid 180's with PCV
since there is a map for that system / bike that will be real close .

Some drag bike racers have been known to set it up that way ~ to swap out rear gear ratios without removing the wheel *

Not that it really matters much , but the rear axle is in backwards . 172 Hp is that Factory pro dyno ? Thats a stock # I know Factory pro read less compared to a dynojet . I would expect mid 180's with PCV since there is a map for that system / bike that will be real close .
Yeah, I noticed also that the rear axle was around the wrong way, but I left it like that coz really, it doesn't make a scrap of difference.
It was dynoed on a DynoJet dyno, that's all I know, the service advisor was told that figure by the owner, I also thought it should have at least 180hp.
Anyway, the new owner will be in lala land for awhile with this new toy in his garage . . . . or in his lounge room (if he's a single man lol)

Back