Aiken Motorcycle

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
Aiken Motorcycle Sales South Carolina, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, ATV, Motorcycle, PWC

I don't know how many of you have noticed that I typically respond positively when talking about my local dealership or my dealings with that dealership, but I always do, and today is just another example of why I do.

Bike not starting sometimes, been getting progressively worse. Checked recall on ignition which today and my bike was out of range on VINs, but the service manager took it back saying that it was close and exhibiting the recall problem. Well after taking the dash out and verifying that the recall wasn't needed he looked at it long enough to figure out that the lever wasn't always engaging the clutch interlock switch. ( Pazzo's taken off wrecked Gen I, put on Gen II )

Put it back together and brought it around front and would not, refused to write a work order or take anything for his trouble. At least two managers and a mechanic looked at my bike in the shop.

I hate not paying my way but they assured me they would get me down the road as they laughed.

I have a great dealership in my area. :bowdown:

Thats awesome Robert. Wish my local dealer was this way. I do have one that so far it really good, but I have to drive over an hour to get there. We will see, going back next week to get my 500 mile service done.

Aiken Motorcycle Sales South Carolina, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, ATV, Motorcycle, PWC

I don't know how many of you have noticed that I typically respond positively when talking about my local dealership or my dealings with that dealership, but I always do, and today is just another example of why I do.

Bike not starting sometimes, been getting progressively worse. Checked recall on ignition which today and my bike was out of range on VINs, but the service manager took it back saying that it was close and exhibiting the recall problem. Well after taking the dash out and verifying that the recall wasn't needed he looked at it long enough to figure out that the lever wasn't always engaging the clutch interlock switch. ( Pazzo's taken off wrecked Gen I, put on Gen II )

Put it back together and brought it around front and would not, refused to write a work order or take anything for his trouble. At least two managers and a mechanic looked at my bike in the shop.

I hate not paying my way but they assured me they would get me down the road as they laughed.

I have a great dealership in my area. :bowdown:

We don't even have a dealership here. Much less a good one. LUCKY!!

On my '06 I went in after reading all about adjusting the headlight here, and asked my dealer under warranty to adjust my headlight because my headlights were almost worthless at night. They came back a little later and asked me to show them were I had read about the adjustment and I pulled the thread up on the oRg and they asked me If I had tried to adjust the lights. I answered no the bike is under warranty and that I had never adjusted lights on a bike before, so no. They took me in the back and showed me where the nylon not had stripped out on the adjustment and said they would order a new headlamp assembly and call. Within a week I had a new assembly and the mechanic adjusted it up some and stated it's out of DOT spec but let me know what you think. The owner of the dealership told me that they try to always take care of the customer. About a $500.00 job. I could tell other stories but won't. Not yet.

Also I made note of a beautiful 2011 White Busa waiting for her new owner. The salesman told me that was the forth one this month and that they had to get that one from another dealer. They have no Busi on the floor. :thumbsup:

I have that same problem with my Gixxer1k and my levers. Have to make sure it's at least in the 2nd detent, or at times the bike won't start.

Back