Suzuki customer service

ajlacro

Registered
Just wanted to vent & share my letter I wrote to Suzuki customer service.

Andrew J XXXXXX
Okeechobee, FL 34972
(863)467-XXXX Home
(772)530-XXXX Work
XXXXXXX@yahoo.com

American Suzuki customer service: 7/26/08

I purchased a 2007 Hayabusa from my local dealer on 8/30/2007. My dealer is ARS Powersports in Okeechobee FL. After my purchase, I received a survey from Suzuki which I filled out because I had some problems with the condition of my motorcycle upon delivery. I finished my survey with the statement " A prompt, personal response would be greatly appreciated ". That was 11 months ago and I am still waiting for a response. But, this is not the purpose of this letter and I will not re-state my problems with this issue here.
My current issue is: The battery is no good on my bike. I called ARS powersports this morning and spoke to the service department. They asked a few questions and then stated that first, they could not warranty a battery on Saturday because they could not get approval from Suzuki, next they told me that Suzuki would not honor my warranty and replace my battery because I only have 2,500 miles on the bike & don't ride it enough. I am an ASE certified master automotive technician and have been riding motorcycles for over 30 years. I know how to properly maintain a battery. I worked in automotive dealerships for years and if we handled warranty service in this manner, we would not be in business for long. Do you think that ARS powersports properly maintained the battery on my motorcycle on the showroom floor since it was a leftover model and it was at the dealership for a lengthy amount of time before being sold? I DON'T THINK SO !!!
I traded in a Suzuki when I bought this bike, my wife has her own Suzuki, we have Suzuki 4-wheelers. I think that Suzuki offers some of the best Motorcycles on the market. But the quality of the product is not the only concern to most people, SERVICE IS ALSO A MAJOR CONCERN. At this point, I do not think that I would ever buy another Suzuki product new, from a dealer. If customer service and simple warranty issues are this much of a problem, you might as well save money and purchase a used motorcycle from a private party.
My motorcycle is a 2007 Hayabusa JS1GXXXXXXXXX, it was purchased from ARS Powersports at 4422 Hwy 441 North, Okeechobee FL 34972 on 8/30/2007.

Thank you for your time,
Andrew J XXXXXX

I will keep you all posted if I ever get a response from Suzuki.

Andy
banghead.gif

You have absolutely valid issues. I hope they get the issue rectified to your satisfaction. To any rational person, your point of view is more than reasonable. Hopefully the right person at Suzuki gets your letter.
thumb_up.gif

My bike didn't even have a battery in it until I signed the finance paperwork, then they took it back to "service it". In other words, to put a battery in it and make sure it would start and run. Sales guy said this was how they did it to avoid just such problems.
Yours should have been the same way.
Have you called Suzuki directly? Sounds like it's the stealership trying to get out of replacing the battery.
Also do you have any other stealerships around your area? If so, start calling around. If it's covered by warrenty, any Zuk place has to deal with it, not just the place you bought your bike from. You may find another place more willing to help you in order to get your future business.

Mine had a similar problem, and the dealer replaced the battery under warranty. Since then, I've disconnected it after every ride, since it may be a week or two before I'm on it again. Never fails.

If you don't ride the bike, every week, for at least 20-30 minutes, the battery will not stay up. If you aren't going to ride it, buy a Deltran Battery Tender or similar and keep it on the charger.

When the battery comes from Suzuki with the bike, they are shipped dry with a separate acid pack. I don't fill and charge them until the bike is sold at my dealership. I would be willing to bet, Suzuki will not warranty your battery.

Just cause they do that doesn't mean that a battery cannot be defective or go bad. If its still with in the warranty 1 year 12K miles they should cover it. I had a similar problem with my Honda an they changed the battery. Silly reason to loose a customer who may want to bring his bike in for the expensive maintenance. Hope you get better service at another dealer. Bikes may be hovering with out wheels by the time Suzuki answers hope I am wrong.

Back