What to do to have a Busa that is powerful and fast?

Samir Annabi

Registered
Hello!
Here's my configuration : Hayabusa K8, 18000 km, full exhaust Yoshimura system 4-2-1, PCV, KN air filter.
I would like to know what I can add to have excellent performance, besides of course Turbo and part changes. I was thinking about these kind of changes, and whether they were worth it : DynoJet ignition, autotune, air filter box, TRE, etc.

"What to do to have a Busa that is powerful and fast"

1.Make sure its in neutral
2.sit your ass on bike
3.turn on bike
4.hold clutch in
5.put in 1st gear
6.release clutch lightly

AND GO>>><<<<<<:bowdown:

Obviously buy a performance exhaust, possibly double the RWHP gain, then there's ECU unleash, then there's NOS :laugh:

Look heres the reality of the situation..... The hayabusa is and always has been 1 of the fastest production motorcycles in the world, that is not an opinion it is a fact :rulez: Are there bikes out there that is faster or has more HP? Sure there are but for you to post a thread asking how to make a busa fast and powerful like its slow to begin with is ridiculous. There are a lot of number chasers on this forum and by that I mean guys who rather sit back and compare stats from a busa to that of an ZX-14 or s1000r. Meanwhile I question where the hell are you guys riding at as to where 190mph+ bike stock off the showroom floor aint enough for the average street rider???

If you drag race or do land speed runs than I can see why you would want to push the envelope and get every single HP available but I highly doubt everybody on here that bashes a busa or craves for more is riding their busa redlining it through every gear down city streets or even highways for that matter. I think its more of a hey this bike has so and so numbers and this bell and fancy light so I want it too.... meanwhile there is guys on gen1's that can ride circles around you on the street :whistle:

You want your busa to go faster slap a turbo on it an be done with it..... no point in nickeling and diming a part here or a tweak there to get 5 or 10 more HP because I doubt most would even know the difference or benefit from it

Thanks dadofthree... How do u suggest I unleash the ECU? Is there a way for me to do it by myself? Thanks in advance :)

Hi 1Busa... I would never question the speed and power of a Busa, which is why I own one :) I do a lot of land speed runs here, often vs s1000rr (who I beat), and it is why I look for the extra HP. I know the Busa has a LOT, but I am looking for the extra tweaks as you say... it has become a challenge to push it more and more. I know ... totally nuts.

if you read up on this forum you can find the mods and hardware recommended for more HP. There are sponsors right now offering a sale on flashing your ECU. That will remove the top speed limiter and improve your performance.

You wanna go fast like I already told you the most economical route is to put a turbo on it. That will have your bike @ 230HP+ in no time for less than $6k

If you don't want to go the turbo route than its gonna cost you a hell of a lot more $$ because you will have to lighten up your bike and do extensive motorwork
Cylinder port&polish $1000+
Cams,valves,springs, etc. $1000+
BST Carbon Fiber Rims $5000+
Brocks CT titanium/carbon fiber exhaust $2000
Aftermarket lightweight race swingarm $1000
Lightweight aftermarket rotors,Ti bolts, aluminum sprockets, etc. $700+

This is just SOME of the stuff you'd have to buy and this doesn't include the labor or dyno tuning....:whistle:

So you want more? You wanna run with the big boys? Bottom line you gotta pay 2 play :rulez:

You want to make one of the fastest stock machines on Earth faster without changing parts or adding a turbo? I suppose you could wish for more power but unless you know a genie personally I don't think that will work.

Honestly, especially with the 08 and up, you should be pretty happy with her. If you want to get more REAL power other than changing the exhaust to something like Brocks, add cams, a big bore kit, nos, or a turbo. It takes A LOT to get more REAL power out of her. She is already a beast, to change her, change her guts.

Thanks dadofthree... How do u suggest I unleash the ECU? Is there a way for me to do it by myself? Thanks in advance :)
You would want a known good / experienced tuner to do this. there's people on this site that will do it if you pay shipping and a sponsor that's got it going for 50 bucks, but the other part takes a good dyno tune. I've seen tuners post 7 to 9 RWHP gains as well as a much better running bike. Suzuki really detuned the Gen II.

you can get a set of used bst's for 2500. spray it. cheapest hp/dollar you'll find. it seems that a dry 40 shot is easily doable on the stock motor. check with the guys in the N2O section, they'll straighten you out.

There are number chasers. There are those that will never see the far side of the speedo. Then there are people like me, those who simply like to tinker.
I know the busa is faster then most any pavement fairing beast, but to me that simply isn't good enough.

There are number chasers. There are those that will never see the far side of the speedo. Then there are people like me, those who simply like to tinker.
I know the busa is faster then most any pavement fairing beast, but to me that simply isn't good enough.

And then there's Tunisia where he's from with unbelievably long desert roads and no speed limits.
It's LSR everyday there.

Samir As-salam alaykum and welcome. What city are you in?

What to do to have a busa that is powerful and fast?

Simple, easy and low cost fix!

Twist that round tube in your right hand counter clockwise until it stops. :beerchug:

Send your ECU to 1 of the sponsors on here and get it flashed. You can upgrade to a better aftermarket fuel pump, billet fuel rail and larger injectors. Ditch that yosh pipe and get you a brocks alien head full race exhaust, that will add a few ponies 4 sure. A port/polish/larger cam combo would do the trick as well. Lots of different ways but no matter which route you go its gonna cost $$$$

Back