Gen 2 Trunk Mod

Yes it helps, thanks. I take it that these the same for everyone else who has done the mod???? I was hoping for and extra 2" on the length and width. (like 12" x 9") owell ill make it work i just order my amp last night. Imma try to throw an Alpine PDX-f4 amp in my busa.

I always wanted more trunk space:cheerleader:....too bad I haven't the slightest idea how to even start a project like this:1zhelp:...LMAO. Nice job Bro!:thumbsup:

another successful mod, ima try and put pictures up but ive never posted on here. hopefully it works!

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

Got mine all done. Cant wait till I have the tail fairing to see it all together.

Guess I'll have to take pics from after i put the rivets on.

2013-01-19_19-11-17_213.jpg

2013-01-19_19-23-26_463.jpg

2013-01-19_19-23-39_992.jpg

2013-01-19_19-25-49_63.jpg

I will attempt to do this. I hope I don't F it up :lol:

Let me know how it turns out and any hiccups on the way lol I'm anxious to do mine as well so your input will help! I wonder what the best way to attach the "trunk" to the fairing is...I've seen people use rivets, is that the best/strongest way?

I get to cut another trash can down again for mine. Wife and I took a ride and her fat ass made my rear tire rub a hole through it!!!

Okay wife really isn't a fat ass, on a good day she may break 100lbs wet. I just need to raise the rear a little bit since the trash can sits lower than the stock trunk. :)

Let me know how it turns out and any hiccups on the way lol I'm anxious to do mine as well so your input will help! I wonder what the best way to attach the "trunk" to the fairing is...I've seen people use rivets, is that the best/strongest way?

Black plastic license plate bolts work just fine to attach it too.

I get to cut another trash can down again for mine. Wife and I took a ride and her fat ass made my rear tire rub a hole through it!!!

Okay wife really isn't a fat ass, on a good day she may break 100lbs wet. I just need to raise the rear a little bit since the trash can sits lower than the stock trunk. :)

make me one.......:please::please::please:

make me one.......:please::please::please:

He can make you a sticker/decal in any size, shape, and color...but can't cut a plastic trashcan with a razor blade:poke::laugh:

Had I known you wanted one I would have sent you a pre cut can! Now my gen2 is gone and you're sol.
I can make one for my B-King now, but am gonna wait til I get rid of the underseat exhaust so it'll be bigger.
Get a B-King, I'll hook you up:laugh:

Just finished my 2nd one on my gen 1 :banghead:. Rode yesterday by myself with no issues, even over some deep bumps. Had ol' girl sit on the back and thought it was possible that I was too deep, and I was. The worst part was burning a hole in my frickin rain gear. Got back and tore it all back apart. Silicone is drying now. I'll put the tail back together tomorrow.

So, if you are testing make sure that the trunk is not loaded and your PC is mounted high (which mine was :please:).

Looking at the weather ahead, got a nice ride in today but looks like a week before another good riding day here in Indy......time to tackle the trunk mod! Will update with pics! :beerchug:

Insane! I see it, but i still dont beleive it! It's like a magic pocket, looks the same size but you can stuff an elephant in there! I applaud you!:clap:

Back