Modified Tiger tail for trunk space

crawler

Registered
About to go to a tiger tail on my 09. The Tiger eliminates all trunk space. I'm not looking for much, but would like to have some.

I'll be extended and as such, I won't be going as low as the tiger allows. I've heard of modifying the tiger to go below the subframe to give a little space.

Does anybody here know whats needed?

Thanks

Yeah, I've done that.

I don't have my tiger yet. What I'm wanting to do it run it below the subframe in the section where the seat covers it. That would'nt give much room, but would give an extran inch or so of clearance to fit in some misc. stuff. Cell phone charger etc...

I've heard it done with a minor mod to the tail. I just don't remember which board I was on when I read it.

Basically since I'm stretched I don't need all that wheelwell space that far forward.

meh, i dont keep anything in there unless i absolutley have too. i worry about road debris and what not. it's not nearly as secure orderly as the factory piece.

ToXSick helped me out on another board.

Its simpler than I expected, I expected to need to trim or re break a bend or two.

If it shows up today, I'll do it this weekend and post a couple pics. I have a couple ideas for a hair more space too. I don't need much but, nice to be able to have my ECU edit harness poked out there, put my radar and ipod there when I go in a restaurant/bar, nothing big, but good to have a little space. May just set it up with some fuzzy material, then could put a bit of velcro on some wrenches and sockets and stick em in there.

I know it sounds goofy, but I ride a ways from home just to run some buddies and to make meets. So tools are needed. Change ride height etc...

ToXSick helped me out on another board.

Its simpler than I expected, I expected to need to trim or re break a bend or two.

If it shows up today, I'll do it this weekend and post a couple pics. I have a couple ideas for a hair more space too. I don't need much but, nice to be able to have my ECU edit harness poked out there, put my radar and ipod there when I go in a restaurant/bar, nothing big, but good to have a little space. May just set it up with some fuzzy material, then could put a bit of velcro on some wrenches and sockets and stick em in there.

I know it sounds goofy, but I ride a ways from home just to run some buddies and to make meets. So tools are needed. Change ride height etc...

Thinking of doing the same when I extend my tail. How 'bout a few pics of the install when you're done? :please:

Back