Gen 2 Trunk Mod

super simple mod did it in about 30 minutes or so. gonna clean it up some and finish it up while i wait on the new chain and try to figure out the knocking noise. Thanks guys.

super simple mod did it in about 30 minutes or so. gonna clean it up some and finish it up while i wait on the new chain and try to figure out the knocking noise. Thanks guys.

Knocking noise? Have you checked your clutch bolts?

not yet but after reading the diff threads on here thats where im looking next. it seems to come from the clutch area.

if someone is doing this mod for a GEN II, PLEASE, :please:....make me one, i just dont have the time or to even trust myself..:laugh:...i'll pay you or we can work out a trade on decals or something....PM me it there are any takers....thanks.

if someone is doing this mod for a GEN II, PLEASE, :please:....make me one, i just dont have the time or to even trust myself..:laugh:...i'll pay you or we can work out a trade on decals or something....PM me it there are any takers....thanks.

I had a template for a trashcan, but now I can't find it. My gen2 is also long gone.
Otherwise I'de send you a pre-cut can, sorry.

Here's a bump for someone else to help you out:beerchug:

If you were her I would be glad to do it for you. Cutting the can is easy but you really need the bike to fit it right. Take a ride to Va and lets get it done :laugh: Best of luck

For those who have done it, whats the length and width you used?

I saw blanca's post about it being 7 by 11 inches, went down to my gen 2 and it measured up to 9 by 11 inches~

Help before i spend my 10 bucks on a wrong sized trash can! haha

All that material is fairly flexible. I don't remember the exact size 7 X 11 or 9 X 11. Measure your bike and get close, it does not have to be absolutely perfect. I used some aluminum rivets to secure it in the tail and clear RTV to seal it, the RTV makes up for small differences. I dropped mine in until it was barely visible underneath. I'm big and I've been known to have 120 to 140 pound passengers. Didn't want the tire rubbing it. It was just too easy and I'm no mod genius with mad skills.

Maybe someone will answer up, or you can PM sixpack. PMs are a good tool.

For those of you who used the file box, are they still holding up? At what height did you end up settling on to avoid rubbing? It's been a while since anyone has posted to this thing, just wanting to see how things are holding up!

Riding 2 up and being lowered, mine rubbed a small hole in the trash can. Nothing major and been like that for years. Came back to this thread to find out what size trash can I need to get and I'll redo mine and move it up a little bit. I've had more than enough space so won't mind losing a little bit.

I'm making mine soon , but will be some 16g stainless steel . Going to go 1" less than whats posted .

Back