**The OFFICIAL TEAM GIXXER smacktalk thread**

This thread has been quite for two long! Where is everyone?

Working :down:

And I unfortunately had to spend all 3 days of the labor day weekend moving into our new home that wont have internet for at least a couple weeks.... but fortunately, we love the new house!

And I unfortunately had to spend all 3 days of the labor day weekend moving into our new home that wont have internet for at least a couple weeks.... but fortunately, we love the new house!

Congrats on the New Dwelling!

Redneck engineering at it's finest!

So...I have been worried that my new wicked TBB Black Series Carbon exhaust can is sticking out too far (past the footpeg) and that it MIGHT drag (bad idea). 3rd pic down gives you an idea of what I'm talking about.

I called 2BB Support and spent some time on the phone w/them and sent pics. They suggested loosening all the hardware from the header back, and seeing if I could turn the midpipe to reposition the can - I didn't think it would work, but low and behold it did.

Here's where the redneck engineering came in. I had to test the location at full extension and compression of the rear fork to make sure it didn't touch the swingarm. The compression part was easy; just put on the trailer and crank it down - surprisingly, the can moves AWAY from the swingarm as the suspension compresses. But, how to do the extension? See below for the brilliance! In any case, the can is moved inwards at least an inch and now inside the footpeg.

Jay has to wait another month to hear how it sounds - in front of him :moon:

IMG_1447.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

Capture3.JPG

Redneck engineering at it's finest!

So...I have been worried that my new wicked TBB Black Series Carbon exhaust can is sticking out too far (past the footpeg) and that it MIGHT drag (bad idea). 3rd pic down gives you an idea of what I'm talking about.

I called 2BB Support and spent some time on the phone w/them and sent pics. They suggested loosening all the hardware from the header back, and seeing if I could turn the midpipe to reposition the can - I didn't think it would work, but low and behold it did.

Here's where the redneck engineering came in. I had to test the location at full extension and compression of the rear fork to make sure it didn't touch the swingarm. The compression part was easy; just put on the trailer and crank it down - surprisingly, the can moves AWAY from the swingarm as the suspension compresses. But, how to do the extension? See below for the brilliance! In any case, the can is moved inwards at least an inch and now inside the footpeg.

Jay has to wait another month to hear how it sounds - in front of him :moon:
You are very creative Keith.
Turned out pretty good!

This post is worthless without pics, lol!

Trying to get to Barber at the end of the month with STT, but man they are expensive.

This post is worthless without pics, lol!

I would but we only have pics on our camera and no internet to upload to Photobucket. I'll get some up when we get internet up and running........... But the best part of the house is my 1000 sq ft garage :)

I would but we only have pics on our camera and no internet to upload to Photobucket. I'll get some up when we get internet up and running........... But the best part of the house is my 1000 sq ft garage :)

No, the best part was for Charlie, who got his daughter and son in law moved out :)

P.S. I got a housewarming give for you - a HUGE pic of me TEAM GIXXER! :rofl:

No, the best part was for Charlie, who got his daughter and son in law moved out :)

P.S. I got a housewarming give for you - a HUGE pic of me TEAM GIXXER! :rofl:

I honestly dont care who it is a pic of.... It's that good so I would still hang it in the mancave.... Which I also got the 55" TV and surround sound all plugged up in the man cave and i'll just say it didn't suck :thumbsup:

When you get the motogp races on that TV, it will be PARTY TIME AT JAY'S HOUSE!

Ok, Team Gixxer....here's my schedule:

Barber Sep 8/9
VIR Sep 16/17 with Team Pro Motion (guest instructing)
Barber Sep 29/30
Barber Oct 20/21

Gonna be a busy fall!

I am NOT having fun loading up tonight in the rain grrrr....

I am NOT having fun loading up tonight in the rain grrrr....

Wah Wah Wah..... I feel so bad for you having to go to a track day this weekend..... You have such PROBLEMS!!! I don't care if it's a dang hurricane, don't you ever complain on a public forum about having to load up for a track day or I will be sure to :spank: you when I get there at the end of the month!

Wah Wah Wah..... I feel so bad for you having to go to a track day this weekend..... You have such PROBLEMS!!! I don't care if it's a dang hurricane, don't you ever complain on a public forum about having to load up for a track day or I will be sure to :spank: you when I get there at the end of the month!

:spank::please::laugh: Now I'll be sure to call you

Ready for tomorrow!

IMAG0776.jpg

She sure looks lonely without Jay's Gixxer in there. Wish you were going man...

IMAG0777.jpg

Back