anybody race the new bmw??

these threads are so repetitive, seems like a few magazine fanboys always make an appearance. the bmw hasnt done anything to impress me let alone paying the high sticker price for one. they are nice bikes, but the end all of performance they are not...

Fanboy-Anatomy.jpg

That sucker IS a BEAST! Looks like its a lil more than your run of the mill 1441. With that bike, i would'nt be afraid to line up with most NITROUS or TURBO bikes! Even short like it is. What kinda times have you run with it? If you can 60' it(from the way the bike is setup, i'm sure your pretty adept at launching it), i'm guessing you'd run low-mid 8's?
Tekken, I hope you realize what a monster this bike is? Not your run of the mill Busa for sure...:bowdown:

Sent you a PM:whistle:

What I find is funny is how people don't realize these are two completely different targeted designs...I own a 08 busa and I'm picking up an 10 S1000rr because the busa (although set up for drag racing) is far more comfortable, stable, faster(when modded and limiters removed) and overall designed for touring/going fast....The BMW is designed to handle and be quick while it's at it. It was NOT designed to be aimed at being faster then the busa and although it does put out more HP and weighs less is (just as some one said) the way everything in our world operates! You buy an iphone next year another one comes out that's better! You buy a laptop next year something comes out that's better! Look at the ducati...The redesigned 2012 might make the BMW irrelevant! If you're worried so much about which is faster rather then buying the best machine suited to your looks and feel then you are riding for the wrong reasons (also said lol). So as the owner of a busa as well as a S-RR (soon to be) I laugh at those that keep 'beating' this dead horse :lol:

I always find these thread interesting.

In a previous thread we asked how often riders go full throttle all the way into the red line in 1st and 2nd gear and 47% said almost never. Some said can't do it as the front comes up.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/149188-full-throttle-through-1st-2nd.html

Now we are debating which is the fastest bike riding on the street. :laugh:

I believe we have to look at technical ability. All the manufacturers who win races, make moto gp bikes, developing 235 hp. at around 18,000 RPM with 800cc motors. BMW don't win races and they don't do Moto GP. What they have done is simply take a conventional 1k engine design and built it so it spins 2,000 rpm higher than the other 1k bikes and 2,000 rpm lower than a 600. So now they have a few more ponies with some nice electronics thrown in. This won't be for long. What BMW needs to do is participate and win with the big boys on the racing circuit.

Sqaule147, give us a blow by blow turn by turn, run down the straight commentary on what happened. I want details! A 5 mile run had to be AWESOME!! I'm assuming at the end of a three mile stretch you had the Busa topped out at 186? Like I said, it had to be awesome!

ok.heres the deal...im 5,7 at 185 and my busa is 09 with full twin akra,ecu editor,bazzaz with zafm..the bmw guy is about 5,10 and 215 pounds..his bike is stock..we hade 5 races total 4 of them were from 40/50 mph to top speed..first one we started in 2nd gear and the busa hade the bmw the whole time..right from the start the busa jumped ahead and keeped pulling from the bmw...1 of them were rolling starts becouse he knew better then to try from a dead start but anyway it was the same out come...i was jumping into the lead and keeped pulling from him..im not sure on my speed becouse i was looking at the speedo but he said that he saw 178 on his speedo and at that point i was way ahead of him...the best thing about this that he talked alot of **** for about 4 months and man was he and alot of other people shocked...half the problem is that the dumb ass is a magazin know it all..they read about the bmw and becouse it really is a bench mark they automacticly think it could beat anything... the bottom line is that we are bolth at the same skill level and we hade more then enough room that if he could out motor me he would have but that was not the case... the under dog kicked the **** of the so called champ..i was shocked myself becouse i really dident know what to expect but i was just leaving him for dead...i must be honest about something..after this victory i have a whole new level of RESPECT FOR THE HAYABUSA..she really is a wonderful bike and im very proud to own one.

Let me say this for all the idots out there.
The busa is the fasted stock motorcycle in the 1/4 mile out there. Stock for stock nothing beats it in the 1/4 mile.
I mean stock as it comes from the factory. Once you start modifying them things get a little gray. It can go from bike to bike. Now when you go all out modifying them then it the busa again. Shine has an interview he did for broke about the new BMW if you look it up online he talks about how he could only run a best 10.1 on the BMW and how how he ran in the 9.9 on the genI busa. Now we all know he can ride. listen and learn idots . He try's to praise the BMW then say's genI busa he went quicker
- ‪BMW S1000RR 1/4 mile performance test with Keith Dennis‬‏[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me say this for all the idots out there.
The busa is the fasted stock motorcycle in the 1/4 mile out there. Stock for stock nothing beats it in the 1/4 mile.
I mean stock as it comes from the factory. Once you start modifying them things get a little gray. It can go from bike to bike. Now when you go all out modifying them then it the busa again. Shine has an interview he did for broke about the new BMW if you look it up online he talks about how he could only run a best 10.1 on the BMW and how how he ran in the 9.9 on the genI busa. Now we all know he can ride. listen and learn idots . He try's to praise the BMW then say's genI busa he went quicker
- ‪BMW S1000RR 1/4 mile performance test with Keith Dennis‬‏[/url]

Two things bro:
1) not cool to call people idiots (it's a personal attack, not a fact) because they feel one way or another about something. :whistle:
2) I see you're in San Diego...you racing at Barona this weekend? Look me up. I plan on being there. :thumbsup:

HOOYAH!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys all know that the BMW would whip any stock Busa it raced. The problem is you can't find a stock Busa!!!:laugh: I love it when someone says I have a stock bike with after market exhaust, PC, and cams. WHAT??? Don't they know what stock means? Stock means you have done NOTHING to the bike other than ride it. So, now we know, pretty much any Suzuki Burgman 650 will take a Busa anywhere, anytime! Scooter Power!:moon:

Hmmm..... I think I drank too much wine when I got home today. I don't think I'm making sense......:beerchug:

You guys all know that the BMW would whip any stock Busa it raced.

Does anyone know or has anyone seen someone run a 9-second 1/4-mile on a STOCK BMW S1000RR? ???

I find this thread kind of funny because I know several people that have done it on a BUSA Gen-I and II but have yet to see anyone do it on a BMW. Just curious with all this talk of the BMW being faster in the 1/4-mile yet no real proof at a track... :whistle:

ok.heres the deal...im 5,7 at 185 and my busa is 09 with full twin akra,ecu editor,bazzaz with zafm..the bmw guy is about 5,10 and 215 pounds..his bike is stock..we hade 5 races total 4 of them were from 40/50 mph to top speed..first one we started in 2nd gear and the busa hade the bmw the whole time..right from the start the busa jumped ahead and keeped pulling from the bmw...1 of them were rolling starts becouse he knew better then to try from a dead start but anyway it was the same out come...i was jumping into the lead and keeped pulling from him..im not sure on my speed becouse i was looking at the speedo but he said that he saw 178 on his speedo and at that point i was way ahead of him...the best thing about this that he talked alot of **** for about 4 months and man was he and alot of other people shocked...half the problem is that the dumb ass is a magazin know it all..they read about the bmw and becouse it really is a bench mark they automacticly think it could beat anything... the bottom line is that we are bolth at the same skill level and we hade more then enough room that if he could out motor me he would have but that was not the case... the under dog kicked the **** of the so called champ..i was shocked myself becouse i really dident know what to expect but i was just leaving him for dead...i must be honest about something..after this victory i have a whole new level of RESPECT FOR THE HAYABUSA..she really is a wonderful bike and im very proud to own one.

Translated to shortened version. A modified (a.k.a. "not stock") Gen2 Hayabusa with a lighter rider can beat a "stock" s1000rr with a heavier rider?

Seriously, we are not talking apples to apples here. Just watch the MCN videos. The s1000rr simply beats a stock Hayabusa. And by stock I mean bikes that have not been modified with aftermarket parts that add more power.

i've won and lost races on both those bikes. imo, fairly evenly modded, my s1k is quicker than my 08 busa....

love havin em both

congrats on the win. :thumbsup:

Translated to shortened version. A modified (a.k.a. "not stock") Gen2 Hayabusa with a lighter rider can beat a "stock" s1000rr with a heavier rider?

Seriously, we are not talking apples to apples here. Just watch the MCN videos. The s1000rr simply beats a stock Hayabusa. And by stock I mean bikes that have not been modified with aftermarket parts that add more power.

yes im lighter then he is but he still hade the upper hand on that becouse his bike is still much lighter then the busa..and as for the little work i have done ..not enough to make a big difference... and watch mcn videos???? your kidding right...i dont need to watch anything...i did it myself...truth be told half those vids you so hartedly beleave in are bull **** any way..

Two things bro:
1) not cool to call people idiots (it's a personal attack, not a fact) because they feel one way or another about something. :whistle:
2) I see you're in San Diego...you racing at Barona this weekend? Look me up. I plan on being there. :thumbsup:

HOOYAH!!!

It is cool to to tell the truth the numbers speak for themselfs as does one of the best riders in the world. There is a reasoln your ride a busa lNot a BMW.

BMW's are fast as hell with the right rider on 'them as are GSXR 1K.
Yes I'll be there Saturday four a couple hours. Got to work Sat. eve.

Idiot derives from idiotes, a Greek word for a private person, an individual not involved in politics. Our Athenian ancestors thought that anyone who was too wrapped up in business to participate in politics was ... an idiot. Nowadays the term is used for people who are aware only of their own condition, being oblivious to anything else.

I think these guy be reading to many mags and are oblivious to the real world fact that stock for stock the BMW is too light with too much hp to keep the front end down long enough to beat a stock busa. You know from expireance that you can only go so fast on a stock unstraped or lowered bike.
Thats why your stretched lowered straped and the works. These new guy need to actually race like you do so they won't be so oblivious .

The original race mentioned in this thread was five miles including two miles of twisties...

Unless the guy on the Busa is simply a much better rider than the guy on the BMW, he probably would have fallen behind in a twisty section. That is assuming that the Busa didn't already have a huge lead going into that section, which it shouldn't. Again, with equal riders there shouldn't be much difference up until that point, but the BMW should pull away once curves are involved.

But I'm just one of the "idots" out here...

This debate could go on forever, so how about we just share our thoughts and opinions without name calling.

Back