What the "F" is wrong with kids?

Hectic

Registered
Sorry, .Org. I need to vent for a minute. If anything similar to the following has ever happened to you, I'm sorry..

So, I'm driving home from my buddy's house (watching the red sox game) oh, about an hour ago. I had a nice ride back right until I got off the highway. I come to a stop light in front of a two lane bridge with a sidewalk. There is a car behind me (I love this man) I take off slowly from the light, and just pop into 2nd at around 4.5krpm. There is a group of kids fishing off the bridge, and one little ****er decides it'll be hilarious to hop the guard rail, run across the left lane and try to catch my bike by the nose. I have to jack on my brakes so hard I'm sure my back tire got high enough to be in a stunt show, and I thank my guardian angel that the guy behind me was paying attention. The little bastard just laughs and runs back to his "homies"

So, being the bigger man, I opted to go to the police dept and report the little scumbag rather than beating him unconscious with my helmet and tossing him into the river. The cops do basically nothing.

"Yeah, we'll send someone out later"

"Its a block away, and I'd bet my turbo fund the bastards are still there."

"Sir, we'll look into it. Have a good night."

Makes me wish I wasn't a nice guy..

/rant off

He is lucky it was you and not me cause me I would have been paying more attention to the car coming behind me than the kid standing in front of me. Would I have stopped hard ??? Yes but not hard enough to take car in my back, the person in the road would be the softer impact and less likely to get me killed. Glad you ok

Insurance would cover the damage of hitting a soft object. Insurance cannot make you undead from getting hit by a car :beerchug:

Well at least you didn't contact the parents or your title would have been WTF is wrong with todays parents :laugh:

shoulda hit him with your bike. woulda taught him to run out in traffic and play tag with cars.

gotta love the cops sometimes.... shoulda said that the kids were throwing things at cars, perhaps they would have moved faster. Not sure I would have had the inner power to avoid beating the kid into the ground but I am pretty sure I would have gone back in the truck after the cop's reaction and seen if they were still there for a chat :whistle:

DAYUMN Hectic!!
Glad to hear you survived your stoppie without any injuries dude.
Yeah I think I would have picked the kid also.
Its like one of those when a deer runs out in front of you, should swerve
and take a chance of running off the road and smacking into a tree or brace for the impact of the deer?
Knees tight on the tank, tighten upper body and take the impact is programmed in my mind for anything besides a vehicle.

It's not about the parents, it's the individual. The kid is obviously a candidate for Darwinism....just a matter of time.

Thankfully you refrained from giving him a beatdown since assaulting a minor is frowned upon.

What you wouldn't do to have a stun gun handy... Leave his twitching butt on the side if the road..

1ibandit
88 ZL1000, 07 KaBusa
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

there are many heavy hearts today due to this exact stupid thing......

there are many heavy hearts today due to this exact stupid thing......

Exactly, could have been fatal for the rider.....happened here before. :cry:

I'm surprised/disappointed the LEO/Desk guy took it so ho-hum like.

I am just glad you made it home OK. Nest time I would be prepared for it though and throw something at him to let him know what he is dealing with. Sounds like the cops don't want to do anything about it so its time to take matters into your hands. Maybe by doing this you will save someone's life. If not a fellow bike rider maybe the dump kid and maybe he will learn a lesson.

If I see the kid when I'm in my truck, I'll make sure he knows exactly how stupid that was. Words only, but very scary, unkind words.

Back