the truth on maximum speed

full

Registered
you know that ???

All major Japanese manufacturers voluntarily agreed to restrict the top speed of their motorcycles to 300 km/h (186 mph). The late 1990s saw "power wars" between various motorcycle manufacturers that culminated in Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa, the first production motorcycle to exceed this speed in 1999, and Kawasaki ZX-12R, designed to exceed 320 km/h (200 mph).

can you say to me which is the maximum speed of a hayabusa 100% stock as from 2008 (K8-L0)

a serious measurement of course !

is there an American magazine which carried out tests?

we know all the maximum speed of the hayabusa of 1999 !

but since 2001 and the gentleman agreement of Japanese, we cannot judge the Japanese sport bikes

motorrad magazine (germany) carried out test on nardo (ultra fast oval track in Italy) and S1000rr is the only one exceeded 300, with one 305 km/h

busa K8-L0 it would do better ???

thanks a lot :beerchug:

i'll post the article of a french magazine...just waiting :please:

this is NARDO TRACK !

600px-Nard%C3%B2_ring.jpg

If they didn't bother to remove the restriction, then it won't go over 186mph. Depending on wind it could be anywhere from 182-186 for a completely stock bike.

A 1999 is good for 192-194ish depending on wind.

I believe the UK test where they ran 200.2mph with a tailwind was a EURO spec bike. Some people claim that at first they came with a 18 tooth front sprocket and then suzuki regeared it but I don't think anyone has found any evidence of that...

Isn't motorrad magazine the same mag that took a 2008 BUSA to 195mph just last year claiming it was stock in the last top speed test? ???

I forgot to specify, I wanted to say a " velocity measurement without restriction "

:welcome:

If they didn't bother to remove the restriction, then it won't go over 186mph. Depending on wind it could be anywhere from 182-186 for a completely stock bike.

A 1999 is good for 192-194ish depending on wind.

I believe the UK test where they ran 200.2mph with a tailwind was a EURO spec bike. Some people claim that at first they came with a 18 tooth front sprocket and then suzuki regeared it but I don't think anyone has found any evidence of that...

Isn't motorrad magazine the same mag that took a 2008 BUSA to 195mph just last year claiming it was stock in the last top speed test? ???

just now seeing your sig. i want to do the texas mile next year :) is there any info you could pm me? want to start planning now!

A couple years ago someone on the Org derestricted their stock 08 and had a video of them on a highway with the gps in the screen indicating 196 or 197mph.(can't remember 100%) They said they tried over and over and no matter what, that was it for the top speed.

A couple years ago someone on the Org derestricted their stock 08 and had a video of them on a highway with the gps in the screen indicating 196 or 197mph.(can't remember 100%) They said they tried over and over and no matter what, that was it for the top speed.

Thats possible, with perfect conditions. I think Got-Busa said he had to drop 2 teeth on the rear to pass 200mph. Listen to him, he's done his homework:thumbsup:. He pm'd me some details a while back, I wanna try for 200 myself at Maxton later this year if i get the cash in time.

GPS reading hitting the top speed limiter on a 08 Busa was 181...speedo was 186

GPS reading on a 09 gsxr 750 hitting the speed limiter was 173..speedo was 186

Thats possible, with perfect conditions. I think Got-Busa said he had to drop 2 teeth on the rear to pass 200mph. Listen to him, he's done his homework:thumbsup:. He pm'd me some details a while back, I wanna try for 200 myself at Maxton later this year if i get the cash in time.

Brock stayed with stock ratio(18/43) sprockets but a taller 190/55 rear tire to hit 200.

I flashed my ECU and have a race air filter. a power commander.. getting a full exhaust later this summer..so If I read this right I still can't hit 200 MPH? Im planing a trip late summer if things go right to eater go to maxton or texas..

1999 models averaged between 192 and 194 miles per hour. It was the very next year when the restrictions were enforced limiting all bikes to 186 mph.

I have read once or twice that some early 2000 models made it out without restriction.

How good/bad is it on the IIgen when unregulated to have the same timing as 5th when in 6th pegged?

Is there a way to keep factory tune when unregulated on IIgen but keep the gear position screen working?

Last edited:
Back