10,672 Miles on a Michelin Pilot Road 2

What is the best price anybody has seen for a 190 PR2?

I have heard that MR Cycles sometimes runs them on special for $169, but that is never when I need them:) I paid around $190 for mine. The funny thing was I bought them for the Busa and GSXR at the same time and the rear for the GSXR cost more than the Busa. I think it was $210

IMG_0001.jpg

I have been paying 198.00 for the rear. Sometimes they run them for around 170. Getting a new front tomorrow for 138.00 Well worth the extra 50 bucks for a rear if ya ask me, plus one less 22.50 for mount and balance.

I have too ask, (sorry...) how many of those 10672 miles where acclumated after the wear bars were showing?

That would, at least for me, give a more accurate estimate of mileage.

cheers
ken

I am not exactly sure but I hit the wear bars some where between 9500 and 10000 I think. I should have recorded that info.

no dount thats great mileage out of a tire, but whats the grip factor like. i've only got 12K on my '06 and on 4th set.....2nd set was a shinko 003......that didn't last long...of course smokies didn't help either:laugh:

I have heard that MR Cycles sometimes runs them on special for $169, but that is never when I need them:) I paid around $190 for mine. The funny thing was I bought them for the Busa and GSXR at the same time and the rear for the GSXR cost more than the Busa. I think it was $210

The place you got yours wanted 225 for a rear when I asked, plus they want 35 to mount and balance, me taking the wheel to them. Bet they really get you having to take the wheel off your bike. The 750 tire should have been the same or a little less, its a 180 isnt it? The only thing I like about that place is the sales guy Stan, If it werent for him I probably wouldnt go back there. O well, didnt mean to rant. :)

no dount thats great mileage out of a tire, but whats the grip factor like. i've only got 12K on my '06 and on 4th set.....2nd set was a shinko 003......that didn't last long...of course smokies didn't help either:laugh:

How is this for GRIP FACTOR!??? Pilot Road 2's and got 8500 out of the set, wheelies and all.:laugh:
kevinonthedragon.jpg

Just paid $165.00 for my rear AV56 Storm James. See if they hold up as well and grip enough for me. If not I'll definitely be looking at the Michelins. That's about all I ran on the '06 and really liked them.

Down here we have this place called Petes Superbike.

I remember seeing PR2s going for about 200 bucks canadian which is about 160 US right now.

It might be worth it for you guys to check it out and order from Pete. He has the lowest prices in all of Canada.

Pete’s Superbike

For my Katana i can get 2 tires for about 300 bucks shipped. Thats about 245US which you cant beat.

at least there is someone else who swears by them. Been using them since they came out and they are great. The photo doesn't show any squaring off which is also good. I generally do 12000kms and then have to change as mine do square off due to the flat roads. But in any weather they perform fantastically..

Back