Got stopped Sunday for the first time!

BowDown

Registered
:whistle:

First time in 10k miles I got stopped. Was riding 2 up with my girl, and I had just finished passing a couple vehicles on a nice stretch of 2 lane highway. Luckly I had slowed down to a brisk 80mph when bam! Sherrif! ???

Anyway, I knew he was pulling a U-turn to come after me so I pulled over. He came up to me and asked me if I knew why he pulled me over. I said "I have a good idea". Did the usual, "do you know how fast you were going?, honesty is the best policy here". I told him 75, he's like.. "close, 77." OUCH :moon: .

Anyway, after checking my inspection, and license he asked me my thoughts about him giving me a warning. :please: "I would greatly appreciate that".

He was cool about it. Said he's been riding for 30 years and how he'd love to be on his bike on a day like today. Said to slow it down, he'd rather not see any more riders go down.

I got lucky! :bowdown: I never get that lucky in a car.

Prbly helped we were both wearing full gear, and he could appreciate that my Hayabusa was only going 22 over the speed limit. :rofl: If he had caught me about a 1/4mile further back it would of been a different story.

Last edited:
my friend troy that came down to the busa bash with me got stopped doing 145 in a 55...all that happened was a license plate ticket for not being properly mounted, and I had to go get his bike and drive it home as his endorsement was expired too...what luck he had that day...but was very respectable too

I wish that worked with the CHP. Generally, if they stop you , you are getting a ticket.

And I'm allways nice to the bastids... errrr nice officers!:moon:

Damn, what a story. I've been there, and was also grateful for the warning (and that the cop admitted he would have been goin' much faster than I if he had been ridin' a busa). :laugh:

Cool Cops rule. :thumbsup:

D

Very cool of the officer to give you a warning! +1 on the repect, have gotten out of a ticket before because of respect and having all paperwork!:beerchug:

Glad you were lucky. I know my turn is coming, and when it does it will be something like 150 in a 60. I ride the back roads when they are devoid of traffic.

Probably go something like: Suspended license, impounded bike, $1000 fine. Time in jail because my wife will refuse to bail me out. Being as old as I am, maybe I could plead senility. :laugh:

Post like this just on the other forums I visit. Been pulled over 4 times in my 31 years. Never got a 'warning' They all seemed delighted to give me the ticket. (And I was polite, respectable and BARELY over the speed limit or barely 'didn't stop' at the stop sign.) Be glad you got let off. :whistle:

Post like this just on the other forums I visit. Been pulled over 4 times in my 31 years. Never got a 'warning' They all seemed delighted to give me the ticket. (And I was polite, respectable and BARELY over the speed limit or barely 'didn't stop' at the stop sign.) Be glad you got let off. :whistle:

How old are you? I wonder if cops see very young people as "punks," and see middle age people in a different way? It could be just bad luck.

Whenever you pull over without them having to chase you they are more than likely to give you a warning, then again that might just be me.

Back