Pure insanity

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
All small motorcycles are banned for sale because of lead content.

Lead Ban Stops Youth ATV and Motorcycle Sales - Motorcycle USA

In case you have not heard. I did not think this would happen, really thought some common sense would intervene and the ban would not happen.
Until I saw it for myself. No small motorcycles or ATC's at the local motorcycle shop. Honda XR100 was the smallest one on the floor.

This is madness..............

I found that out today at my local shop. There is just as much lead content, maybe even more, in the larger bikes.

I guess they're worried kids are licking the bikes. :rofl:

Pure morons! Protect us from ourselves. :moon:

I think it is the coalition that is attempting to ban ATV's for any child under the age of 13.
I was told they found a federal judge in New York to sign off on this insanity.
Be careful if you have one of these evil machines and you see your child eating it.
One more reason this country is train wreck. They even banned sales of most parts for them.

Did (is) this actually happen(ing)? Feb 10th was Tuesday.

This had to have been fixed right?

This is what happens when the liberals take over...you/they wanted change

it's just begining...4 billion to acorn :cheerleader:

good plan :beerchug:

:banghead:

Last edited:
This is what happens when the liberals take over...you/they wanted change

it's just begining...4 billion to acorn :cheerleader:

good plan :beerchug:

:banghead:

If you want to be political, please go to that category....I'm not referring to the insanity of lead quads, I resent the "liberals" comment, it has no place here and is an insult to org members that consider themselves liberal. Doyle Smith (Raydog)

Last edited:
Yep that's right...there's a TON of "L-E-A-D" on all the Generation I & II Hayabusas.....you better send them ALL to me........ :whistle:

Obviously not a very well thought out bill, even if it was for the best of intentions.

Now we will see a temporary reduction in inventory and the loss of sales for a year or two while the manufacturers figure how to get the lead out of these products. This will be followed by several years of new and unanticipated product failures related to new and unproven manufacturing processes.

For all I know, we will start seeing bans on materials we "thought" were safe, you know, like steel and aluminum and rubber. My lord, those things are dangerous!

Back