No more mini bikes, pocket bikes, pit bikes etc

Vtakt67

Registered
Hopefully this is not a repost....

On February 10, 2009, a new law called the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act went into effect. This law was created by Congress last August as a knee-jerk reaction to hazardous toys being imported from China (remember the Fisher-Price toy recalls). It bans all products sold for use by children which contain above certain levels of lead and phthalates. In the act, children is defined as anyone 12 or under, and the law is very broad in that it exempts no products from its purview.

How does this become an issue of importance to motorcycle riders?

All minibikes, pitbikes and even OSET's fall under this act, as well as ATV's sold for youths. 85cc or smaller, gone. I can't get parts, I can't even get stickers. As of today, all the major motorcycle and ATV manufacturers have instructed their dealers to remove all bikes and ATV's used by children from inventory and to cease advertising, marketing, selling, possibly servicing these products. The lead contained in these bikes is not in the paint; it's in the metal used for certain parts in the engines and electrical parts. Most dealers have also been instructed to stop selling parts and accessories for the bikes as well.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission, CPSC, which is the commission charged with enforcing this act has been asked by the motorcycle industry to grant a waiver to prevent the end of the motorcycle industry, but they are dragging their feet. As a result, minibikes and pitbikes became illegal today.

ya its a repost. It just makes no since to me. Do they think the kids are eating the seats or something:poke:

News to me . That sucks and makes me happy at the same time, weird, ever since I had to sweep the brains of an 8 yr old girl an 11 year old boy on Dec 25 2005 that died riding a pocket rocket they got for X-Mas in the street I not only dislike X-Mas time but hate those things( at least for kids)... And I know I am wrong for it was parents fault but I never want to have a day like that again.

Sucks cause I know how much fun the kids an families have with those things an :bowdown::bowdown: to those of you parents who gear them up an take them to parks for those kind of fun days:thumbsup::thumbsup: hope you still have those days in the future.

just another example of idiots in govmt. wasting our time and money to accomplish what??
NOTHING.
another pointless :rulez: that will do absolutely nothing to improve our way of life; and in fact, probably just makes things worse. Not suprised by these retard-azz politicians anymore-all they do is make up new ways to waste our $$ on B.S.:moon:

So they are saying we won't even be able to get parts for our fiftys? Stupidest thing I've ever heard - but totally believeable in this day and age.

I would also bet most of the market for CRF50's is to adults, not kids. Me and most of my riding friends have them.

IMG00371.jpg

Norwalk Drag strip in Ohio banned these bikes last year, but a cooler or bar stool with a motor is ok...and a picnic table with a keg powered by a motor is ok...but a 50cc dirtbike is not...even on a track rental.

"Let The Kids Ride"

Please take a minute and get involved. 2 people decided to pass this legislation and affect the lives of millions.

Wouldn't it be easier to stop the kids from eating dirt bike parts? :banghead:

Last edited:
So they are saying we won't even be able to get parts for our fiftys? Stupidest thing I've ever heard - but totally believeable in this day and age.

I would also bet most of the market for CRF50's is to adults, not kids. Me and most of my riding friends have them.

Thats right, our dealership can't even sell parts for those bikes. The dealers may end up (eating) those bikes.???

this is retarded. I'll be willing to bet that no child has ever eaten a lead containing engine component from a minibike.
Posted via Mobile Device

They’re gonna turn are children into a bunch of p$&@ies I’m serious the millinialls are bad enough around here anyways. I’m only 33 but I feel like I’m 20 But these kids scared to stick up for themselves scared of confrontation and everything else u have to deal with in life and it’s not them it’s what they’re being taught u can’t shelter kids from everything badshit is going to happen regardless don’t go
Looking for problems but they have to
Learn to be prepared to face life’s obstacles when they come. So now buy the time they’re 20
They’re clueless cause no one taught them nothing or scared and parents can’t do anything anymore more or you’ll have dcf knocking at your door or some other ahole making them think they did something wrong and it’s something completely harmless. I had my daughter sitting on my bike with me years ago and my punk neighbor started taking pics of me we had some words to say the least I’m not saying expose them to negativity but I don’t sugarcoat things to much with my daughter how else would she Learn not be scared of everything u can get hurt doing anything u just gotta wipe it off and get up not be scared to try new things and they wonder why half the country eats a handful of pills every day or whatever other drugs are around or better yet just sit home all day and play video games ! But take away they’re mini bikes and toys etc I could go on forever I can’t even watch the news anymore it makes me sick are four fathers are rolling in they’re graves nobody’s gonna have any balls left in another 20 years.

They’re gonna turn are children into a bunch of p$&@ies I’m serious the millinialls are bad enough around here anyways. I’m only 33 but I feel like I’m 20 But these kids scared to stick up for themselves scared of confrontation and everything else u have to deal with in life and it’s not them it’s what they’re being taught u can’t shelter kids from everything badshit is going to happen regardless don’t go
Looking for problems but they have to
Learn to be prepared to face life’s obstacles when they come. So now buy the time they’re 20
They’re clueless cause no one taught them nothing or scared and parents can’t do anything anymore more or you’ll have dcf knocking at your door or some other ahole making them think they did something wrong and it’s something completely harmless. I had my daughter sitting on my bike with me years ago and my punk neighbor started taking pics of me we had some words to say the least I’m not saying expose them to negativity but I don’t sugarcoat things to much with my daughter how else would she Learn not be scared of everything u can get hurt doing anything u just gotta wipe it off and get up not be scared to try new things and they wonder why half the country eats a handful of pills every day or whatever other drugs are around or better yet just sit home all day and play video games ! But take away they’re mini bikes and toys etc I could go on forever I can’t even watch the news anymore it makes me sick are four fathers are rolling in they’re graves nobody’s gonna have any balls left in another 20 years.
Hi. I know The kids around here have to get in moms car and be driven 20 feet down the driveway to be picked up by the school bus on sunny days in June. They can not do anything by them self.

Back