Why one rotor?

rdd102781

Registered
I was looking at bikes online and I began to wonder, why do people take off a brake rotor on front? Will this not decrease your stopping ability? If you guys could offer me some insight on this I would greatfully appreciate it. Thanks in advance....

I think they do it so that you can see more of the front rim. Mainly on custom bikes that are just to look pretty. There usually isn't too much concern on stopping power.

Lots of drag racers do it to reduce rotating weight/mass, mostly on track only bikes. Those that do double duty on street & track keep both

i was thinking of gixxer1k forks with a single radial mount brembo. (should be able to drop around 10 lbs like this maybe more?)
think the stopping power would be near equal of a stock busa 2 caliper setup?

i was thinking of gixxer1k forks with a single radial mount brembo. (should be able to drop around 10 lbs like this maybe more?)
think the stopping power would be near equal of a stock busa 2 caliper setup?

:no:

I do it. This is a pref type issue. Everone has an opionion on it but at the end of the day it's ur bike
Posted via Mobile Device

here's how you make up your mind-find a nicely paved area (industrial parks are nice:whistle:) where you can do a brake test-you need enuf room to get up to 60, n back down to zero: COMFORTABLY *that means with NO PEOPLE around*

try to do a few stops with both rotors on...then, grab a mity vac, pull one line off and remove caliper from a rotor-then do the same stops and see how you do.
then picture yourself in traffic w/some twat in a minivan pullin a left in front of you-
still wana do single-rotor???

If your stock brakes...keep both. If your wave rotor, lines, pads, ect...you should not notice any diff with only having one. Mostly done for show bikes and drag bikes. Neither care about the stopping much. I kept both,( even with up-grades) but it sure would be hell easier to clean that wheel with just one rotor.:laugh:

I heard this saying this weekend..

You can tell a real hotrod (insert Busa or muscle car,sports car) by its brakes, because sooner or later you have to stop...

I run Galfer wave rotors front and rear, pads and lines, you can NEVER have to much braking performance.

If you spend 2 to $3000 or more on a set of rims you want people to be able to see them, They take off one rotor so you can see there rims.

Im stickin with two, Im a Bling addict but I still want all the stoppin power I can get.

If you spend 2 to $3000 or more on a set of rims you want people to be able to see them, They take off one rotor so you can see there rims.

Im stickin with two, Im a Bling addict but I still want all the stoppin power I can get.

If you spend $3g's on a set wheels for your Busa??
Make sure you paint a mural of Michaelangelo's "Creation" on the side of it.
Then put spikes all over it.
Lower it so you can't go up a curb, can't go over a speed bump and couldn't turn around in an empty Costco parking lot.
Stretch it out to take it to the drag strip once or twice a year.
Make sure you keep the miles real low, too- high miles are for suckers!!!!

I'll stop there.

Two rotors up front FTW.

Back