Gitmo Camp Closed, Vacation Site Opened

The new Messiah is now getting all the information that "Bad Bush" had.... let see just how he deals with it... You know they made a bike for him that peddles backwards..

Dayum, what news have you been watching? The press (have) been all over it for years! and for your info, 9-11 happened on Bush's watch, regardless of there not being any more atttacks of that magnitude since.

Yes, 9 months into his first administration and after 8 years of total and complete destruction of our fences against homeland attacks.

Other than a few months of attacks after opening the facility it died down and/or went away. It went away because it was baseless.

If I am a middle east combatant in a terrorist war against the "Infidels"... I dont think I am entitled to the same rights as a guy that gets up and goes to work every morning, pays taxes and votes... According to your idea, all the detainees shall be set free... scott free... (they were not mirandized when taken prisoner at the war.. I take it you are ok with that then?

It is not that simple. Those are your assumptions and not my statements or thoughts.

That is not the point, rather merely an example of something you or I could face someday.

I can not follow that line of logic in these times... everyone wants a "hands off" attitude yet they scream when innocent people die.. "Oh we knew they had bought one way tickets with cash but were afraid it would be politically incorrect to stop them as it might offend them"

Sorry but there is a point where people need to take logic into account and say hey, that guy appears to look like trouble waiting to happen, maybe we should do something... as for the guy in question? surely he knew his appearance could cause trouble? (the bulge under the down jacket in the summer?)

I find a guy in a bomb making house, I think anything goes to extract what he might know... (quite literally what you have in Gitmo)

I am trying to decide if the US has the right to go to foreign lands and take citizens of these lands and hold them, without a trial or even charging them, indefinately. What kind of example is that for American to set for the rest of the world?

I am not saying that these are not bad guys and that they should not be punished but shouldn't the US set the standard for the way other human beings are treated by, at least affording them due process?

Last edited:
I am trying to decide if the US has the right to go to foreign lands and take citizens of these lands and hold them, without a trial or even charging them, indefinately. What kind of example is that for American to set for the rest of the world?

I am not saying that these are not bad guys and that they should not be punished but shouldn't the US set the standard for the way other human beings are treated by, at least affording them due process?

Its only what our country was built on...:thumbsup:

I can not follow that line of logic in these times... everyone wants a "hands off" attitude yet they scream when innocent people die.. "Oh we knew they had bought one way tickets with cash but were afraid it would be politically incorrect to stop them as it might offend them"

Sorry but there is a point where people need to take logic into account and say hey, that guy appears to look like trouble waiting to happen, maybe we should do something... as for the guy in question? surely he knew his appearance could cause trouble? (the bulge under the down jacket in the summer?)

I find a guy in a bomb making house, I think anything goes to extract what he might know... (quite literally what you have in Gitmo)

Screw it then Bogus. So you think executing them for the sake of your Crusade must be the only way to carry on.

Don't forget to arrest the troops who were working at this "illegal" facility. Following orders is not a defense. It's amazing how people will claim to support the troops and then condemn everything they do.

In an idealized world no, but we are not in an idealized world and we are not in a fight with people that use conventional tactics.. they hide behind women and children as they fully understand that a war is won or lost in public opinion.. as soon as popular support wanes, the battle and war are won.. Oh those bastard Americans killed an innocent mother and child... (but lets leave out the part where 4 RPGs came out of the same window 4 minutes prior...)

we are going to get clobbered because the people in the Malls do not have the stomach to let the guys in the desert do the job that needs done.. and we will loose because of this...

The first of, what will undoubtedly be, many moves to use the media to change the international image of the U.S.

If you truly believe that Gitmo will be shut down and there will be no other government "camp" to house the individuals, you're missing it.

All this amounts to is this:

Close the camp where these things happened so the media reports it and the world applauds - boosting American acceptance/support/image. Open a "new" camp somewhere else in the world for these people and treat them a fraction more humanely. Dust off hands and move on.

As much as I supported George W. Bush after 9/11, internationally he's set the bar pretty low. President Obama doesn't have to try hard to look like he's making a change for the better on almost any front. In this case, only time will tell.

Tell you what Bogus, lets imprison a bunch of Canadians so that they will hate us Americans so we can have a reason attack them now that they have discovered oil sands.

Screw it then Bogus. So you think executing them for the sake of your Crusade must be the only way to carry on.
so now it is a crusade... tell you what, let the USA withdraw all the help/aid and support for every other country in the world (as our crusade is going) and let them fend for themselves.. They will do what ever they need to survive and so shall we...

This country does more for others than it does for its own people and then gets totally bashed for being so bad... if we are not allowed to take care of our own interests, we surely can not help with anyone elses...

In re: "As much as I supported George W. Bush after 9/11, internationally he's set the bar pretty low. President Obama doesn't have to try hard to look like he's making a change for the better on almost any front. In this case, only time will tell."

Ain't that the damn truth!!!

In an idealized world no, but we are not in an idealized world and we are not in a fight with people that use conventional tactics.. they hide behind women and children as they fully understand that a war is won or lost in public opinion.. as soon as popular support wanes, the battle and war are won.. Oh those bastard Americans killed an innocent mother and child... (but lets leave out the part where 4 RPGs came out of the same window 4 minutes prior...)

we are going to get clobbered because the people in the Malls do not have the stomach to let the guys in the desert do the job that needs done.. and we will loose because of this...

So are you saying that we should set aside the principals that make our country great? If we do that, have we not given in to terrorism?

So are you saying that we should set aside the principals that make our country great? If we do that, have we not given in to terrorism?
if that is how you choose to interpret , then I suppose so but if you decide to read what I am saying then you tell me...

everyone needs their warm fuzzy, but I can assure you that some scumbag is out there trying to kill you for no good reason and I trust our govt (somewhat) to do what they need to in order to stop them..

I have to figure they have more data and information on these people and their activities than I could ever hope to

Last edited:
The consitution is pretty clear to me and many other Americans. Why is it that you don't understand it. Wearing blinders?

Correct me if I'm wrong but none of these detainees in Gitmo are Americans, many have never even been to this country, many of the crimes weren't even committed in this country and they sure aren't citizens so how is it that they are entitled to rights under our constitution?

if that is how you choose to interpret , then I suppose so but if you decide to read what I am saying then you tell me...

everyone needs their warm fuzzy, but I can assure you that some scumbag is out there trying to kill you for no good reason and I trust our govt (somewhat) to do what they need to in order to stop them..

What other intpretation is there? If we justify the violation of basic human rights without due process then we go against everything that America stands for. Again I am not saying these guy are good guys; What I am saying is, if we are to be the leaders of the free world then we need to play above board. Otherwise what exactly are our troops fighting for?

Back