who makes the best windscreen?

baleibec

Donating Member
Registered
would like to know what brand has the best fit/construction, i like the stock screen, i just love the dark smoke look better, but the HB screen just wont match the contours of the factory screen. never tried a DB screen before either. pictures would be great too.:beerchug:

so the fit is good, follows the contours? any pics? i hate to be so needy, but i really want to put my back together soon (many mods, almost done)

DSC_0167.JPG

Puig has the molded step that contours to the OE fairings.. Many of the other screens do not have this molded step..

would like to know what brand has the best fit/construction, i like the stock screen, i just love the dark smoke look better, but the HB screen just wont match the contours of the factory screen. never tried a DB screen before either. pictures would be great too.:beerchug:

Arent all the answers going to be bias laiden? :poke:

Arent all the answers going to be bias laiden? :poke:
not if a guy has used 2 or 3 screens... there are some real POS' screens..

if you look at the stock screen, it is formed to contour into the fairing and the cheap ones are simple pieces of plastic that create a 1/4-1/2 gap around the fairings..

Bottom line, you get what you pay for in most cases.. I tried one of the flat style screens and it ended up breaking the inner support on the fairing.. ditched the POS and bought the PUIG and fixed the mount..

NOT hotbodies...I've heard nothing but good things about puig. I had the hotbodies one and it had gaps everywhere and was a real pain.

This is like asking what type of tires are best. Everyone has their favorites.

Buy for the look you want. The looks of each screen varies somewhat. Piug, Zero Gravity, Lockhart Phillips, Power Bronze, Hot Bodies, etc, etc.

I have 4-5 windscreens. Actually rotate them by season. :laugh:

Since you asked for pics, and we have this nifty 'gallery' button up top in the Nav Bar....

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

All 4 of these are Zero Gravity Dark Smoke. Use that in winter. :laugh:

Back