Anyone use the PUIG Windscreen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busa_Nick

Registered
Just wondering, I just ordered the dark smoke windscreen found here, because I browsed around and that was the best deal I found on this windscreen. It will look better then the stock one, but they claim that it offers special cut-downs on the bubble edge, which chanalizes and deflects the air blast along the sides that diminishes the air blast to the rider and, consequently, decreasing the turbulences. The screen includes a front step that lifts the air blast and helps he rider to ride more comfortably. Anyone like this mod who has it and does it really deflect the air better?

Last edited:
I use the Puig on my Gen 1, small difference in wind flow, but not sure on your Gen 2. They are a quality screen though.

I run the Puig dark smoke - much better than stock. Gives you good vision of the gauges and a ****-pit feel for ducking wind. I like it.

About 5 minutes to put on.

Not to sound oppositional, but 5 minutes?

I know I can be overly-meticulous and detail-oriented (read slightly obsessive-compulsive), which causes me to spend probably three times as long on something than the average individual, but 5 minutes?

It took me about 45 minutes to get that dern screen lined up in there (hint: try more force), trying really hard not to scratch up the surrounding plastics.

Not to be a downer, but it truly was a PITA (pain in the arse) for me.

Who knows, maybe the screen I got (PUIG Dark Smoke DB) was not cut exactly right or my Busa was a little off to begin with??

Now, I have taken the stock screen on and off with ease in about 10 minutes.

Wish you the best with it... great looking, quality scree - also didn't notice a difference in wind resistance.

Last edited:
puig dark smoke race screen

just gotta tak the 2 side screws off and the two plastic fastners on the inside dash.5min

font fender.jpg

083108_10292.jpg

I know I can be overly-meticulous and detail-oriented (read slightly obsessive-compulsive), which causes me to spend probably three times as long on something than the average individual, but 5 minutes?

It took me about 45 minutes to get that dern screen lined up in there (hint: try more force), trying really hard not to scratch up the surrounding plastics.

Not to be a downer, but it truly was a PITA (pain in the arse) for me.

Who knows, maybe the screen I got (PUIG Dark Smoke DB) was not cut exactly right or my Busa was a little off to begin with??

Now, I have taken the stock screen on and off with ease in about 10 minutes.

Wish you the best with it... great looking, quality scree - also didn't notice a difference in wind resistance.

I, too, am meticulous at keep my things looking their best and understand that it may have taken you a little longer to do the job. Now he has a range of time to think about when making the change.

Well, it doesn't seem like it will take that long, as he said I need to make sure I don't damage any of the plastics. Thanks guys.

I thought 5 minutes was good... 2 allen bolts, 2 rubber plugs, slip out old, slip in new push the plugs back in, tighten 2 screws and you are done...

any cavemen around here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back