vht tint good for windscreen??

hemi

Registered
ordered my suzuki db windscreen just now to try it out. Only think i don't like about it is the light smoke, so i ordered some vht night shades tint spray meant for car tail lights and such. I have seen others on here tinting their signal lenses with vht and had good results. Plan on spraying the backside of the screen, few light coats should darken it nicely. Any tips on using this stuff, does it spray nice and smooth so it doesn't splot everywhere. One member on here (warchild), tinted his aftermarket suzuki db screen and it looks great, but not sure what he used to tint it, sent a pm but haven't heard back yet

you might want to give it a practice run on a piece of card board and look for an even pattern with a touch of overlap on each pass...when spraying it try up / down, left / right, and some diagional patterns...that will even out the thick and thin spots to some degree. The parctice run will give you an idea of how close or far the tip should be away from the part you are spraying...laying it flat should give you the besy results vs hanging it on a hook...because it will be less likley to run if you spray it to thick, but it will pool up in the middle due to its shape (don't spray it to wet and you will prevent runs) Hope something helps you out...good luck.

thanks for the tips, will try on a scrap piece before spraying the screen. Wonder how easy it is to remove if i mess up. Used some spray tint for rc truck bodies i got at a hobby store for my signal lenses a while back. Tried the tail light but it was too dark and i didn't like it, wiped it off with denatured alcohol and it was like new again

Let me know how it went. I will be doing mine while she is getting painted.
Posted via Mobile Device

It has been quite a while since I used VHT, but I think it went on a bit uneven. Although, I used several coats with high grit (1500+) sand paper to achieve the gloss finish I wanted.

Back