Concealed Carry

GSXRFANN

FLUNKIE
Donating Member
Registered
Well, I finally got registered to take the concealed carry class. The class is 30 people,and I was number 30. I am scheduled to take it on Jan 24. I am looking forward to it, but the guy does it all in one day, so 10 hours in class is going to suck....but, oh well!!

My concealed class sucked, it was run by crotchety(sp)
old men and was just a basic firearm corse...
this a gun...
this the barrel...
this the saftey that can will fail.

This another gun...
this is a brarrel...
this the saftey...

You get the idea. Believe me...I know WAY more than
these yo-yos and they addressed NOTHING to do with
conceal carry or various liabilites or scenarios.

However...a well run class would be awesome.
Your gonna have fun and should be real interesting.

Actually in ine, they spent several hours on conflict resolution. Aside from cheesy videos of women shooting that paralleled old p-o-r-n from the 80's it was pretty good.

I started my first session last night. It's boring and basically a money maker for the state you live in. With all the liberal rules a guy could break into your house and as long as he isn't threatening you, you legally can't shoot him. I pissed off the instructor last night and told him if you're in my house in the wee hours of the morning there will only be one version of the story to tell. Ha,ha Second 4 hours tonight and firing range Saturday. Everyone has a 9mm or 380 I have a lowly 22 that is semi auto ,fits in the palm of my hand and is very accurate from 25 yards. It also fits nicely in my tank bag. If you're going to buy a hand gun and take a class I'd suggest getting registered by November 2009. That is when all the servers of the public will get elected or re-elected and then there may be a change in the Law of the Land. I am told bullets will be heavily taxed doubling the price. That is a start to implementing more stricter gun control laws.

thread-jack: I'm with ya on the gun control fears. Which is why i'm gonna take some tax return $$ and buy a good assembled AR lower & start piecin one together. Would love to just buy one outright but I'm savin most of tax return for down on an F150
Posted via Mobile Device

I got mine 6 years ago. It is mostly a way for the state to collect more $. I did learn some usefull info. The target test was more than a joke. We used .22's in a basement. They were ricocheting off the concrete walls!

when I finally get my 1911 i'm gonna take the concealed carry course as well as handgun defense/tactical course when i get the money. Guy that owns/operates my choice shop is a great easy goin guy. Ex vietnam vet too & really knows his weapons. He's also got a Barrett 50cal :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

make sure you know which gun to take it with.

In Texas if you take it with a revolover...you can only carry a revolver. If you take it with a .32 or bigger semi(not sure of smallest, I forget) you can carry a revolver or semi. I used my 9mm

I hate revolvers anyway, never plan to own one personally
Posted via Mobile Device

Who are you taking it with? i wanted to take a class before the year end but that didnt work out oh well...since i have my FL CCP the state of NC would not let me Transfer it over to a NC CCP good luck with the class.What type of gun will you bring?

I am looking forward to it, but the guy does it all in one day, so 10 hours in class is going to suck....but, oh well!!

Shorter than here, it took one night (3 hr Class) and 10 hours the next day including range qualifications ! But it was FUN :cheerleader:

Keep in mind semi and automatics can and do jam... revolvers seldom-rarely if ever jam.

A good CCW gun is a snub nose 38 special. Wardie

wow: what states ya'll live in??? in the "live free or die state", you get the permit (10 bucks) to carry from the local PD in your city. go to the gun shop,backgrnd check bs. buy the gun. arios amigo

Back