I think my HID saved my bacon tonight.

Dang James, you had me worried for a minute. Glad you guys are okay!
:thumbsup:
I

Sorry guys, I didnt mean to scare anyone. Scar thank you for sharing those pics. There is a definite difference between oem lighting and HID. That difference could BE the difference in being seen by a cager, or seeing something in the road. Please be careful my friends.

Thank God you 2 are ok, I cant afford a trip to broken arrow right now??? Stay safe, good job...:bowdown:

I had a similar thing happen last Thursday night on the way home from Ashville. I was heading down my road (you've been there) around 9:45 P.M. when I see movement in the woods. It was amazing how the HID lit up that deer. I got home and said to Sherry, " I love my headlight."

I'm happy yours worked too. :beerchug:

Sorry guys, I didnt mean to scare anyone. Scar thank you for sharing those pics. There is a definite difference between oem lighting and HID. That difference could BE the difference in being seen by a cager, or seeing something in the road. Please be careful my friends.

Remember these shots from Eureka Springs...

eureka-2008_026_001.jpg

eureka-2008_027_001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
James glad you are OK. Lisa & I won't ride at night for just that reason. Rutting season is getting started & they will be everywhere.

Glad you and your son made it home safe. I have 9 and 13 year old boys. When they are on my bike I ride like granny grunt. Your being able to stay calm kept him calm and allowed him to recall what you tought him with out delay. Great job!!!!!!! There is nothing like another you just made dad proud moment.

The day light pics you could tell the light was brighter but dang the ones with the sign holly cow. Im going to have to get some h.i.d. lights now.

Wow, James! I'm glad that it turned out well; that both of you are OK!

Several years ago, my Father-In-Law t-boned a deer after leaving my house from a ride we were on. His full-face helmet probably saved him... He was still in the hospital for a while...

Amen to the HIDs! Glad you had 'em.

James glad to hear you and Cody are alright, Man that could of sucked big time, I havent given the HID alot of thought because I dont ride at night very much, ( Hardly at all as a matter of fact ) But I guess it only takes once. You got me thinking maybe I should just go ahead and do it. I can say this for the HID in the times we have rode together and you have been behind me along with other riders I have no problem picking you out from the crowd who does not have HID. Twice as bright if not more, This probably also has to help in the day so cagers can see you, I have to tell you every time I see a cager with a left turn signal on a facing me I get a little nervous. That bright light has to help.

OK OK damn you talked me into it. Quit Nagging, I will get one.

Once again Damn glad you guys are alright.

p.s. Dont you know bugs come out at night. :laugh:

James glad to hear you and Cody are alright, Man that could of sucked big time, I havent given the HID alot of thought because I dont ride at night very much, ( Hardly at all as a matter of fact ) But I guess it only takes once. You got me thinking maybe I should just go ahead and do it. I can say this for the HID in the times we have rode together and you have been behind me along with other riders I have no problem picking you out from the crowd who does not have HID. Twice as bright if not more, This probably also has to help in the day so cagers can see you, I have to tell you every time I see a cager with a left turn signal on a facing me I get a little nervous. That bright light has to help.

OK OK damn you talked me into it. Quit Nagging, I will get one.

Once again Damn glad you guys are alright.

p.s. Dont you know bugs come out at night. :laugh:

Michael, you know how my schedule is. I ride when I can. Get the HIDs, it wont take us half an hour to install it.

Best mod I ever did. I ride alot at night. Even during the day, cars SEE you a lot earlier. I used to have people pull out in front of me all the time, it is rare now. No experience with deer since I did mod. Not many around here. They are about the size of rabbits here anyway compared to Northern Deer. Could just run right over them :laugh:

I'm glad you were able to see the deer and stop in time James. I'm off on Mondays, and I took a long ride yesterday and I counted over twenty deer on the side of the rode that had been hit! We had a rider killed here in Kansas City yesterday when he hit a deer. Please watch for deer this time of the year. +1 on HID helping during the day! A must do mod if you ask me! After you install it, you will not know how you were able to ride without it!

I'm glad you were able to see the deer and stop in time James. I'm off on Mondays, and I took a long ride yesterday and I counted over twenty deer on the side of the rode that had been hit! We had a rider killed here in Kansas City yesterday when he hit a deer. Please watch for deer this time of the year. +1 on HID helping during the day! A must do mod if you ask me! After you install it, you will not know how you were able to ride without it!

I hate to hear that Hal, did you know the rider that was killed?

Back