Questions to HID users

FJRider

Registered
After over-driving my high beam headlights last night, and getting surprised by a deer standing in the road, I realized I need more light out front. I have some questions about the HID (Xenonking) mod:

X5000 or X6000, which works better?

Are two systems required for low and high beam? Or does the HID just replace the high beam bulb?

What's involved with the installation?

Are they still giving a discount to .org members?

I have the 5000. It provides the most usable light. It replaces the low beam, and it rocks!!! you wont regret it. Buy it now..
I can wear my dark sunglasses at night, and see better than the old light without sunglasses. nice if you ride into dusk and beyond.. I rarely use high beam anymore.

The 5000k is the brightest... You only replace the low beam as the high has a projector type lens as is not worth it. Heres a link to the Group Buy... The people at Xenonking are a pleasure to deal with.

Installation is easy and will only take a couple of hours at most. Have a look..

Installation is pretty simple, but a tip is to use part of the socket from the old low beam bulb to make the new HID bulb fit more securely. You'll see what I mean when you get it. Only takes a few hours (4 tops) to install including removal of front fairing. Lots of install posts on here. 5k or 6k are about the same with good usable light and not much blueing, but get what you want. As Drew said, it is a replacement for the low-beam. You can get a second kit for the high beam (if you want to be like nitrousjunkie). Don't know if XenonKing is still offering the discount for members.

Found these threads to be very useful for the isntall:

<a href="https://www.hayabusa.org/cgi-bin/busa/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=11;t=20744;st=0;&#entry319846">Busahaya and Charlesbusa's HID install<a>

<a href="https://www.hayabusa.org/cgi-bin/busa/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=6;t=20859">Henryace's HID install<a>

The higher the number the more of a blue/purple color it will give off. I almost went with the 4300k because of this. I feel you will get a more effective light from the lower numbers. I am very happy with my 5000k.

I submitted a few links that help me in you search thread....

Thanks for the information!  I noticed some people are installing two kits; for low and high beam.  (I assume they are the same kit, but the bulb housing is angled differently.)  Are two kits really necessary, or will one do the trick?  And if one kit in the low beam socket does it, can you even see any improvement with the standard high beam turned on?

Most people don't use their high beam after installing a HID kit because it's not necessary.

Back