Will GenII OEM wheels fit on a GenI ?

Yes I have heard that GenI can go on GenII with spacers or something but I am wondering if you can do reverse ?

Brake rotors are not the same b/n the two bikes.

Two different forks also.

If anyone knows how to do it let me know because I think Jinxsters bike would look really good with my oem silver wheels that I just took off. His bike is blk/slv and the shade of silver is a dead nuts match on both.
Since the oem wheels seem to be unsellable due to the market being flooded I thought about giving them to him to put on his bike. I don't think I will ever need them or put them back on Blanca in case of sale because her and I took vows and it's till death do us part forever......:laugh:

If anyone knows how to do it let me know because I think Jinxsters bike would look really good with my oem silver wheels that I just took off. His bike is blk/slv and the shade of silver is a dead nuts match on both.
Since the oem wheels seem to be unsellable due to the market being flooded I thought about giving them to him to put on his bike. I don't think I will ever need them or put them back on Blanca in case of sale because her and I took vows and it's till death do us part forever......:laugh:

wow...that's a very nice guesture on your part BB!...and i'd love to hav'em cause you're right...they would look kill on oren...i'd set her off nicely..and since i've been a class A all around machinist and cnc programmer?...i might hafta space/shim out both the wheel and the rotors but i'm thinking i could figure out a way to mak'em work...having two sets of wheels and spacers sure would solve my seemingly constant problem of running outta rubber..i'd always have a fresh set waiting...that would be sweet....but lets see what the guys say...i'm thinking it's just a matter of taking some precision measurements between the two and getting a lil creative with adapting the gen1 rotors and spacing things accordingly..but maybe not.

anyways..either way...thanks for the ultra kind thought...L8R, Bill. :cool:

the gen 2 wheel is wider 7mm so you could machine 3.5 mm off each side or just swap gen 2 forks and triple tree and it should bolt right on

Guys, I have a Gen 2 Rolling Chassis and I will be swapping the front end over to my Gen 1. This is a straight forward and well documented. The issue I have is with the rear wheel swap I want to do to keep the front a rea wheels looking the same.

First a bit of background. I got the rolling chassis from a guy who took the Gen 2 Engine out and used it to power a racing sports car. The sports car had previously been powered by a Gen 1 engine. He told me when he fitted up the Gen 2 engine that the engine sprocket did not line up with his existing final drive sprocket which was in place, already lined up for a Gen 1 Engine sprocket. This suggests to me that the distance between the rear wheel sprocket and the centreline of the wheel, is different for the Gen 2 versus the Gen 1. He told me it was only about 1/4". In order to fit the Gen 2 wheel to a Gen 1 swing arm I think someway must be found to move the sprocket about 1/4" closer to the wheel centreline. The brake disk is also a larger diameter on the Gen 2 rear wheel but I figure I could get my Gen 1 Disk hanger modifed so the caliper sits a little lower and will clear the larger disk. Anyway, I haven't pulled both wheels out yet to do detailed measurments but would sure appreciate it if someone else has actually succeeded with the Gen 2 rear wheel swap into a gen 1 swingarm, or alternatively a Gen 2 Swingarm + wheel into a Gen 1 frame. Cheers Chris

Nope I still have my wheels and would still like to fanagle them onto Jinksters bike but I have not seen anything easy yet .

wow...that's a very nice guesture on your part BB!...and i'd love to hav'em cause you're right...they would look kill on oren...i'd set her off nicely..and since i've been a class A all around machinist and cnc programmer?...i might hafta space/shim out both the wheel and the rotors but i'm thinking i could figure out a way to mak'em work...having two sets of wheels and spacers sure would solve my seemingly constant problem of running outta rubber..i'd always have a fresh set waiting...that would be sweet....but lets see what the guys say...i'm thinking it's just a matter of taking some precision measurements between the two and getting a lil creative with adapting the gen1 rotors and spacing things accordingly..but maybe not.

anyways..either way...thanks for the ultra kind thought...L8R, Bill. :cool:
Did you guys ever figure out a solution? I bought a gen I and it has gen II chromies on it, the front brakes are locking up...need help asap

These threads are over 10yrs old, start a thread with your issues and post up some pics, be easier to help u.

Back